DBS average range?

Reaction score
Whats everyones average range with dbs?

either with or withpout magic power?

But let me know if it is with magic power?

Some people seem to get 10-12000 ft and i cant understand how for the life of me, so im trying to work out what is a good problem free acceptable range?

Darren

It's difficult to get an average every environment is different, this was previously advised in your many previous posts

Reactions: Philltayl
Whats everyones average range with dbs?

either with or withpout magic power?

But let me know if it is with magic power?

Some people seem to get 10-12000 ft and i cant understand how for the life of me, so im trying to work out what is a good problem free acceptable range?

Darren

Maybe you should tell us what you would like to get..........2 miles, 5 miles, 50 miles????????????????????/

Reactions: Andy4195
To add to what Andy said, it's very hard to put a number that's going to cover all environmental concerns. So you really need to go by %. How much more will I get than I'm getting without a DBS in the very same spot going out in the same direction. So with that in mind, in an urban area 25% to 50% more, in a suburban area 50% to 75% more, out in the open (no homes or businesses in sight) 100% or more. Now these are just ballpark figures, you actually number can vary.

To add to what Andy said, it's very hard to put a number that's going to cover all environmental concerns. So you really need to go by %. How much more will I get than I'm getting without a DBS in the very same spot going out in the same direction. So with that in mind, in an urban area 25% to 50% more, in a suburban area 50% to 75% more, out in the open (no homes or businesses in sight) 100% or more. Now these are just ballpark figures, you actually number can vary.

Yeah, I think you are right there boss. I need further testing for sure. I think a p3p is on the cards though lol.

this was previously advised in your many previous posts

Not sure why you feel the need to state this, youve been a member here almost the same time as me but have only posted 53 times, lets keep it nice hey.

Maybe you should tell us what you would like to get..........2 miles, 5 miles, 50 miles????????????????????/

Well 5 miles would be great lol.

No seriously I'm sorry if some people are taking offence to my 3 separate threads.

I am an impatient man and the weather in the U.K. Makes it hard to get out and test back to back.

But I am only trying to gain some knowledge. If you don't like my threads then please you don't have to commmet.

After reading all of your threads (which I don't mind), I gathered you are unhappy with the standard's range. You've already got one of the best antennas that you can get for it, so a different type won't make much difference. And trying to understand the whys, hows and what ifs of radio range is not going to change the range. It just is what it is.That being said... at this point you have exactly 2 choices. Keep what you have and get some amps on that DBS. You don't HAVE to buy Sunhans. People have had good luck with the cheaper Ebay ones. Or..... sell the Standard and get a Pro/Adv/P4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dazzauk
After reading all of your threads (which I don't mind), I gathered your are unhappy with the standard's range. You've already got one of the best antennas that you can get for it, so a different type won't make much difference. And trying to understand the whys, hows and what ifs of radio range is not going to change the range. It just is what it is.That being said... at this point you have exactly 2 choices. Keep what you have and get some amps on that DBS. You don't HAVE to buy Sunhans. People have had good luck with the cheaper Ebay ones. Or..... sell the Standard and get a Pro/Adv/P4.

I was afraid someone would say this lol,

you are right though and i dont want to admit it to myself lol :)

Yeah, I think you are right there boss. I need further testing for sure. I think a p3p is on the cards though lol.
Those numbers I gave you are on the conservative side, so I would expect these at the min. in these types of areas.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31