Daylight Waiver 3 weeks, Wide Area Airspace Authorization for night flights up to UAS FM in 7 days.

Reaction score
Don’t be intimidated by the waiver process. It took 3 weeks to get a daylight waiver on the first attempt and only 7 days to get a wide area airspace authorization to fly at night in class D up to the UAS Facility Map altitudes.

We're seeing our members get them very quick too. And when they follow my online video correctly, they get them first time through.

Reactions: BigAl07
We're seeing our members get them very quick too. And when they follow my online video correctly, they get them first time through.
Where can we find this? I looked over at Drone U but didn't see it.

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted about the video. I was just using it as an example of the results we're seeing with my video.

Unfortunately, it's only available to our members. I apologize.

If it's okay with @BigAl07, I'll post a link to our join page. I don't know if I'm allowed.

First time needing 107.29 daylight waiver - Question - are you guys that are getting fairly quick turn arounds on waivers using the FAA "Drone Zone" portal?

Yes, DrozeZone is the only application method. I work for a public safety agency. The daylight waiver took the longest to write. Once you have the daylight waiver, there’s a box to check in DZ so your daylight waiver is combined with other new waivers. The FAA Waiver Safety Explanation Guide is your outline for writing waivers. There are businesses that write waivers for a fee. I get advice from the guys who own 107waivers.com. They live in my state and are nice guys. They will write waivers for you. I don’t know what they charge. Writing the daylight waiver was a love/hate process. I asked my boss if we could pay someone to do it. I’m glad we wrote it, now we know how to do it and it’s not intimidating. The operations over people waiver was the easiest to write. ParaZero provides you an outline when you buy their parachute. It costs $2,000 though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan