Date and Time Stamp wrong on P4P?

The date time stamp being wrong is a known bug. It's supposed to be pulled from the GPS system.
@Tahoe Ed said - "Right now there is not fix. The timestamp is supposed to come off the GPS. DJI is aware of the issue."

Reactions: KevMo Photog
The date time stamp being wrong is a known bug. It's supposed to be pulled from the GPS system. @Tahoe Ed said - "Right now there is not fix. The timestamp is supposed to come off the GPS. DJI is aware of the issue."
Wow ok. Thx for that man! Not a big deal but I would like them to be right asap. LOL

Hey Brian, have you figured out a way to fix this date time stamp on the still images from the P4P? I thought changing my ipad time back and forth had fixed it but it has not. Mine is off 16 hours too!

No, not yet, my guess is this is going to have to come from DJI either as an update to the Go app or firmware for either the bird or the RC. I suspect the work around's people have mentioned are temporary fixes that unfix themselves whenever it wants to.

Brian

No, not yet, my guess is this is going to have to come from DJI either as an update to the Go app or firmware for either the bird or the RC. I suspect the work around's people have mentioned are temporary fixes that unfix themselves whenever it wants to.

Brian
Yeah I hate to buy all new SD cards and also hate to go to Fat32 as well because of the cutting up files.

Yeah I hate to buy all new SD cards and also hate to go to Fat32 as well because of the cutting up files.

What do you mean by "cutting up files"? If you mean the allocation block size that is adjustable with the right utility. Fat32 Format allows 512, 1024, 2048, ... 65536.
I'm using FAT32-formatted 64GB SD cards as a workaround, and the only real issue is that the format warning message really gets in the way.

What do you mean by "cutting up files"? If you mean the allocation block size that is adjustable with the right utility. Fat32 Format allows 512, 1024, 2048, ... 65536.
I'm using FAT32-formatted 64GB SD cards as a workaround, and the only real issue is that the format warning message really gets in the way.
Thought that Fat32 would only shoot up to 9-10 min files with a cut in between. All frames still there but cut into 2 files. Is that not right? Hopefully this will be fixed shortly. Thanks man.

I notice if I turn on my controller it will say I am in Berlin Germany on the here maps screen P4P+. If I let it sit for 5-10 Min it will then Jump to my location.

You need to ERASE completely the formatting that comes with the new micro/mini SD card, then go into your utilities program and REFORMAT the SD card as MS-DOS FAT 32. That did the trick for me!

Reactions: Kman
Come on people... lets act like adults here. I have cleaned up the thread and issued some warnings to those that earned them. Lets try to stay on topic.

And as a side not to this argument as it is relevant info, yes, you can in fact format a larger than 32gb card to FAT32 and have it store more than 32gb. You need to do it with third party software or command lines... the standard way of doing it will not work.

SOURCES:

Format SD Card to FAT32 on Windows 7,8 or 10 [Includes Micro SDHC / SDXC Cards]

How to Format 64GB SD Card/USB Flash Drive to FAT32 –EaseUS

Has anyone else here, besides the OP, noticed their grid lines disappearing randomly? I've noticed it a few times in the past... but today it was happening several times each flight... I'm using an iPad Air 2 with Go 4. I'm also losing my C1/C2 button assignments (set to 'none') every time I power cycle my P4P.

Has anyone else here, besides the OP, noticed their grid lines disappearing randomly? I've noticed it a few times in the past... but today it was happening several times each flight... I'm using an iPad Air 2 with Go 4. I'm also losing my C1/C2 button assignments (set to 'none') every time I power cycle my P4P.

Started happening to me today too. Annoying!

Yep they disappear for me if I change a setting like the Photo Ratio. I am sure they will fix it in future updates.

Unfortunately even if you format a card to exFAT the P4P still seems to have a 4 GB maximum file size. That limitation seems to be hard coded but hopefully it will change someday.

Unfortunately even if you format a card to exFAT the P4P still seems to have a 4 GB maximum file size. That limitation seems to be hard coded but hopefully it will change someday.
I just looked at my last flight yesterday and all my time stamp stamp problems seem to be fixed now. Did last update do it?

I have had both the grid lines and target point disappear and when you go to the menu they still appear active. You have to turn off then back on again. I also have the histogram disappear for no good reason. This problem persists across several firmware versions.

But, the date/time problem has been fixed so there's that!

Brian

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Hey Brian, have you figured out a way to fix this date time stamp on the still images from the P4P? I thought changing my ipad time back and forth had fixed it but it has not. Mine is off 16 hours too!

KevMo,

Have you figured out how to change the date time stamp on still images?. I have the same problem, 16 hours off.

KevMo,

Have you figured out how to change the date time stamp on still images?. I have the same problem, 16 hours off.
I didn't do anything ElGuapo. But I just noticed that my last couple of flights are all now fine. Not sure what's going on tbo. Could it have been updated through the Go App maybe? Did you do last bird update a few weeks ago? Sure glad mine is fixed whatever did it. LOL

I think I am doing to update to the latest fw.

I think I am doing to update to the latest fw.
Oh I def would ElGuapo! That is prob what fixed mine anyway. But my bird is flying great on new update! A Tiny occasional gimble twitch that I had is gone I'm pretty sure too. Just remember, you will have to reset all your settings after this update. It blanks everything. You also have to update all your batteries too.

Reactions: ElGuapo and azgeek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez