Data loss warning shows up in airdata.

Reaction score
During my first night flight with my new strobon Cree standalone red and white I lost data connection twice and I wasn't over 4,500 feet away.
My question is this:
Do u think the strobes somehow affected the data by messing with antenna?
I would love to share my data files for that flight but to computer skills suck and I don't know how to share it.
Here is a screen shot of what I was shown in air data.
I was flying with my titan conquer antenna so I know my range was easily obtainable without a glitch.
IMG_1503373087.269647.jpg
IMG_1503373114.321185.jpg

Where did you mount the lights?

I mounted them on the landing gear. Also I had a calibrate compass message come up before flight. It went away so I ignored it.
I know antenna wires are in the landing gear.
Does this sound like the strobon are interfering with my bird.
They r mounted in 3D printed mounts that attach to birds landing gear

I have mine mounted on the rear landing legs with no ill effect. The data loss events could be related to area interference, not enough height or antenna orientation. I ran an 8klm round trip without a drop out but noticed in the Airdata log for the flight that there were a number of data loss logs. I put those in the same basket as some of the other info that is pulled from the drone (albeit the same data that is used in the phantom view log) and generally ignore it unless I have a major event during flight.
As a side note, I've given up on the DJI go app for now until they get rid of the stupid warnings and using Litchi with zero issues.

I have mine mounted on the rear landing legs with no ill effect. The data loss events could be related to area interference, not enough height or antenna orientation. I ran an 8klm round trip without a drop out but noticed in the Airdata log for the flight that there were a number of data loss logs. I put those in the same basket as some of the other info that is pulled from the drone (albeit the same data that is used in the phantom view log) and generally ignore it unless I have a major event during flight.
As a side note, I've given up on the DJI go app for now until they get rid of the stupid warnings and using Litchi with zero issues.

tevek I forgot to mention some very important info.
I had green screen and frozen screen during this flight and feel sure That this all coincides.
It was terrifying too because it was at night and had I lost video link I would have had to really on vlos and even with strobon that could have been tricky.
Tomorrow I'm going to fly the same route without the strobons on and during the day to see what happens.
I use an iPad Pro 9.7 and never had lag or freeze issues until the strobons where activated.
It's a shame cause I love that I could see nearly a mile away easily

tevek I forgot to mention some very important info.
I had green screen and frozen screen during this flight and feel sure That this all coincides.
It was terrifying too because it was at night and had I lost video link I would have had to really on vlos and even with strobon that could have been tricky.
Tomorrow I'm going to fly the same route without the strobons on and during the day to see what happens.
I use an iPad Pro 9.7 and never had lag or freeze issues until the strobons where activated.
It's a shame cause I love that I could see nearly a mile away easily
Not sure how the strobons would effect your display, I use a custom channel and adjust my bitrate down to 4 Mbps on iOS and haven't had an issue (used to get the dreaded green screen all the time). The LEDS on the strobon are I guess the same as those on the drone and I suspect the forums would be littered with complaints if they were an issue.

Reactions: JohnnyD913

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl