Damping Unit for Phantom 2

Griggs said:
Let us know how it goes. The previous person who 3D printed a set of plates got very bad reviews. The problem was with vibration. The original plates handle the vibration pretty well, but the 3D print plates caused a lot of problems.

Did my first flight with the new 3D printed brackets and the video is smooth as silk. I engineered my brackets to be quite rigid but to also have a little flexibility in the event of a hard landing. PLA plastic is very strong but a little brittle so with a heavy drop from a good height I'm sure they will break. Any drop to earth over about 10 feet is going to do major damage to other parts of the Phantom but as far as vibration is concerned there is absolutely none. I've already printed 3 sets of spares for about $1.00 of material so there is a huge saving for future mishaps. Also printed some prop guards but the turbulence caused the Phantom to dance all over the place and not good for video. Just used them for a couple of weeks to get used the flying the thing. Have taken them off now that I feel more comfortable at the controls.

mikebrow

This is not my week I am leaving on a camping trip this weekend and i was testing my phantom before the trip guess what??

yep i had a crash and my mount broke I own a 3d printer is there a way you can provide me the stl file so i can print it before the weekend and hopefully be able to take my phantom to take some nice videos.

Thanks

jcancel said:
mikebrow

This is not my week I am leaving on a camping trip this weekend and i was testing my phantom before the trip guess what??

yep i had a crash and my mount broke I own a 3d printer is there a way you can provide me the stl file so i can print it before the weekend and hopefully be able to take my phantom to take some nice videos.

Thanks

Hi I'm in New Zealand on holiday with my Phantom 2 and away from all my 3D files. Won't be back until May 22 which is probably a bit late for your camping trip. On my return to Australia I will send you the stl. file so you can print the gimbal brackets. Buying these things are about $80.00 a set and there was no way I would pay that price for them. Now with printing it uses about $0.20 worth of PLA and about 40 minutes to print, love my 3d printer great for fixing broken parts. Will keep in touch.

Thanks mikebrow yes 80 its crazy for that little part that break that easy. I will defenetly appreciate that you send me the file when you get back. I love my 3d printer too and this is one thing i will love to be able to print and have cause i know i will keep crashing my phantom lol. I guess i am going to have to pay the 80 this time since i really want to take some aerial videos on my trip. But please send me the file as soon as you can..

Enjoy your vacations...

mikebrow said:
jcancel said:
mikebrow

Thanks

Hi I'm in New Zealand on holiday with my Phantom 2 and away from all my 3D files. Won't be back until May 22 which is probably a bit late for your camping trip. On my return to Australia I will send you the stl. file so you can print the gimbal brackets. Buying these things are about $80.00 a set and there was no way I would pay that price for them. Now with printing it uses about $0.20 worth of PLA and about 40 minutes to print, love my 3d printer great for fixing broken parts. Will keep in touch.

jcancel said:
Thanks mikebrow yes 80 its crazy for that little part that break that easy. I will defenetly appreciate that you send me the file when you get back. I love my 3d printer too and this is one thing i will love to be able to print and have cause i know i will keep crashing my phantom lol. I guess i am going to have to pay the 80 this time since i really want to take some aerial videos on my trip. But please send me the file as soon as you can..

Enjoy your vacations...

mikebrow said:
jcancel said:
mikebrow

Thanks

Email me your email address and I can send the files to you. I had all sorts of issues with the magnetic compass while in NZ also which I can relay to you. My email is mikebrow@tpg dot com dot au

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic