Damaged PV camera, replace, fix or swap to GOPRO?

gunslinger said:
JustJames said:
*********SUCCESS********

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Especially to iDrone and justsomeguy. Your experience and knowledge help a ton. You were correct on the interlacing issue I presume. I switched the settings back to 720, 960, and I think 1080i. They all looked great with no wavy noise! I feel so green and new and a little dumb if we are honest. I was sure it was a hardware problem. It seems it is not. Merely a setting. CRAZY! So simple. I was thinking the worst. Thank you again for your help.

Have a great week and a Happy Thanks Giving.

James

THIS is what the forums are all about. Most happy that you're squared away without an empty wallet... :D

-slinger

Thanks brother! :D

Yay! Some good news on this forum for a change, awesome! The PV is a pretty awesome machine, glad you're finally getting a chance to see what kinds of videos & photos it can really take, even w/o a 2D gimbal. It's really not bad, I love the 14MP photos it takes, esp those posted on this forum from PV owners all around the world.

I can see possibilities of how something like a PV might help in assessing emergencies from the air or assisting teams on the ground. And thank-you for choosing that path, without FD's & EMT's many of us without a doubt would not be here or having this conversation today.

I just got back in from a "recon" of my neighborhood; we heard (and felt) a jackhammer pounding away somewhere so I sent the PV up to take a look. Turns out it's a gray-haired old man tearing up his driveway. I jus' hope he's not planning on sticking his wife under there when he paves it over later.

Glad 'yer back up & running!
iDrone

iDrone said:
Yay! Some good news on this forum for a change, awesome! The PV is a pretty awesome machine, glad you're finally getting a chance to see what kinds of videos & photos it can really take, even w/o a 2D gimbal. It's really not bad, I love the 14MP photos it takes, esp those posted on this forum from PV owners all around the world.

I can see possibilities of how something like a PV might help in assessing emergencies from the air or assisting teams on the ground. And thank-you for choosing that path, without FD's & EMT's many of us without a doubt would not be here or having this conversation today.

I just got back in from a "recon" of my neighborhood; we heard (and felt) a jackhammer pounding away somewhere so I sent the PV up to take a look. Turns out it's a gray-haired old man tearing up his driveway. I jus' hope he's not planning on sticking his wife under there when he paves it over later.

Glad 'yer back up & running!
iDrone

Ha funny stuff! Thanks again.. I owe ya beer or something. And thanks for the kind words too. I plan on doing some cool video and shots at the training grounds. A couple of guys want a shot of them climbing the 100' aerial ladder. That would be a cool shot! We also Have a rookie towner coming up next year and the training division is already eyeballing this thing. Could be useful.

James

Building & flying R/C radio-controlled aircraft is not only a national, but global pastime and has been around since 1937 when two American pioneers successfully built & flew a couple of gliders. Today we have hobbyists flying everything from passive gliders, to prop planes, heli's, quad's, multi-rotor's, and 1/4 scale jet turbine powered model aircraft, the vast majority of which have successfully flown w/o incident or harm to anyone. That's over 75 years of R/C aviation history.

Today's modern R/C aircraft are safer & easier to fly than ever before. And from what history reflects, those who intentionally or unintentionally pose as a hazard to others don't remain so for very long, nor can they continue to afford to.

The din of sensationalist tabloid news is just that: noise. Seeking the occasional odd & potentially controversial story is their mandate, telling the whole truth, highlighting history, and maintaining perspective is counterproductive to that end. If I'm outta line, Rupert Murdock became a multi-billionaire because he only printed the truth.

I find your characterization of FF's surprising. Personally I don't think they, nor EMT's, nor Police get paid enough. 100K in 2013 for an trained career individual willing to risk his life to save yours, your wife's, or your kids' lives is a bargain in my book. Nuff said.

1/4? Scale R/C Jet Turbine Concorde:
http://youtu.be/2ZeGylHqo7

75 years folks!
Fly-On!

iDrone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj