Damaged Gimbal Yaw Axis

Reaction score
D2AB0CA3-74FF-4939-861A-6E4954935FEC.jpeg
9BD7B58B-662E-4650-B648-BA503F601F28.jpeg
Recently I experienced what happens to every drone pilot sooner or later. I crashed. I was about 30-40 feet in the air when a prop clipped some branches. Pilot error.

All things considered it was in pretty good shape after it hit the ground, I was able to complete the job that I was flying but was getting some gimbal overloaded messages.

The initial damage that I noticed was several broken props, the rubber washer around the gimbal popped out (I popped it back in later), and one of my sideways OA sensor covers was busted. Not to bad for falling 40 feet.

Upon further investigation I have noticed that the gimbal yaw axis seems to be depressed, most likely from impact. I believe this is the source for my gimbal overloaded messages, as the yaw control does not seem to work well. I’m hoping someone here can suggest what needs to be done to fix it, or whether my gimbal is screwed.

I’ve included a couple photos for reference

It looks like the yaw motor got depressed, which usually damages the sensor. You also need to verify if the yaw arm is bent, as that will cause issues. I would order a new yaw motor and a DJI-specific tool set to replace it.

Search for my thread, I have posted on fixing this.

It looks like the yaw motor got depressed, which usually damages the sensor. You also need to verify if the yaw arm is bent, as that will cause issues. I would order a new yaw motor and a DJI-specific tool set to replace it.

Ok thanks for the quick help! I don’t think the Yaw arm is bent. Any idea where can I find the DJI tool set?

I have the same problem my drone was crash ..... And i change shell, bottom, landing gear , yaw arm, yaw motor and just fine but now is my camera not centered stuck in left side how to fix it ???

I have the same problem my drone was crash ..... And i change shell, bottom, landing gear , yaw arm, yaw motor and just fine but now is my camera not centered stuck in left side how to fix it ???
Ok thanks for the quick help! I don’t think the Yaw arm is bent. Any idea where can I find the DJI tool set?

It's not an actual DJI toolset, but it works well for the DJI: https://www.amazon.com/Repair-Phant...1518125935&sr=8-2&keywords=phantom+4+tool+set

I very much hope you kept your old motor, otherwise you're going to have to send it to DJI or a DJI authorized repair center. If you kept the other motor, look at my thread, in the section detailing how to swap the motor cap. If you did not, send it off or see if you have a local repair center.. There is no way for you to calibrate it yourself.

The Yaw motor I bought off of eBay was advertised as new, but contains clear signs of use such as blue thread lock in the screw holes. Is there a way that I can verify that it is in working condition or should I just return it and buy one off amazon?

The Yaw motor I bought off of eBay was advertised as new, but contains clear signs of use such as blue thread lock in the screw holes. Is there a way that I can verify that it is in working condition or should I just return it and buy one off amazon?

The only way I can think of testing it is to figure out which of the leads are power, after determining the voltage, or plug it into the gimbal board, plug the gimbal into the drone, power it on and see if the motor moves. After having heard the stories of used eBay motors, I spent the extra $16 on the Amazon one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72