Damage insurance

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I read about Neary Aerial insurance on this forum. I went ahead and bought coverage for my P3P, it cost $239.00 for a year's coverage. Has anyone else tried to bought insurance for their drones. He said they would cover damage unlimited times for a total of twice the cost of the P3P.
I checked with square trade and they no longer offer coverage for drones.

The important thing with insurance, is the liability risk, which could be a thousand times the cost of the P3P....

I read on the AMA site that liability insurance is included with membership.

I'm not planning on flying it over people, but I do worry about it falling out of the sky from a few hundred feet high.

the AMA has insurance that is good for flying for recreation in some situations,,I take photographs for real estate so it is considered commercial use (yes I am a licensed pilot), I can tell you my commercial liability insurance for my P3 cost more per year than the P3 cost

If I charge someone to video the property, will I need a license
Only if you get caught! But seriously, you're supposed to get a 333 Exemption from the FAA to use your drone commercially.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3

I don't see the FAA going through MLS looking for pictures and seeing if someone had a pilots license, however if there is a problem (drone damages something or hurts someone) that's when it will cause problems, and honestly the biggest problem is for the agent and the agent's broker,,they are on the hook for hiring someone not licensed with no commercial liability insurance,,,

I really think the FAA will come up with a licensing procedure for drones (I am a licensed pilot), but the FAA moves very slowly,,so don't look for it this year or probable not next. It will involve learning a lot of things you don't think you need to know to fly a drone,,

the AMA has insurance that is good for flying for recreation in some situations,,I take photographs for real estate so it is considered commercial use (yes I am a licensed pilot), I can tell you my commercial liability insurance for my P3 cost more per year than the P3 cost

can i ask what insurance company you use?

I would prefer to tell you to google it and look for a better price than what I got, I saw someone post they were paying about 40% less than what I paid from a different aviation insurance company, so I would google and see what you get, you might do a lot better than what I did

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31