Da Vince Resolve or Filmora

Reaction score
Hello my fellows Phantom owners.

I have P4P and now, I am at the point to show what I filmed. The question is, which of these two would you recommand to make a "so call" video ?

I am open to any other product.

Merci !!-

Bernard Gagnon
Québec City

Thank you guys. That was my firts impression too. I'll go for Da Vinci. Now, I need to know what is the appropriate type of computer I'll need. I am going for a used one. Any ideas ?

TY

Reactions: rattydude77
WELCOME ABOARD!

DaVinci Resolve - all but true professional users will be adequately served by the free version. For your PC I would suggest the fastest processor that you can afford. Min 16Gb RAM better to put in 32Gb RAM. A high end multi-core Graphics Card with 6 or 8 Gb of dedicated Video RAM. The Graphics card is very important to the overall processing performance because the CPU offloads video processing tasks to the GPU.

Please post some of your work on the forum. All the best, Martin

I have used both of these video editors and I prefer Filmora. Comparing these two video editors is like comparing Photoshop and Lightroom for image editing... Photoshop has a very steep learning curve and Lightroom can do almost everything I need in a simplified and straightforward manner. I can edit a video with Filmora in less than half the time it would take me in DaVinci Resolve.

I am aware that Filmora is not as robust an editor as Resolve, but I can get along just fine without all the extra bells and whistles. It's easy to try both and make your own decision.

Reactions: MTO and rattydude77
With Resolve, learning just the cut page will not take a lot of time and is pretty straightforward and will get you a long way towards editing videos. Really depends on your long term editing goals.

Reactions: rattydude77
Thank you guys. That was my firts impression too. I'll go for Da Vinci. Now, I need to know what is the appropriate type of computer I'll need. I am going for a used one. Any ideas ?

TY
I'm using a 6 year old i3 laptop running win10, Resolve works fine but rendering can take 30 minutes for ultra HD clips. I started building a desktop but due to the graphics card shortage it's on hold.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Reactions: Mavikhan
When I started recording video, I picked Resolve because of the price (free) and almost unlimited features. When I got on the learning curve and saw the 1600 page manual, I paid ~$60 for unlimited updates to Filmora 9. I found that video editing was a steep learning curve regardless of software, but it came along pretty quickly. Didn't realize that "unlimited updates" was if staying in the same release, but when Filmora 10 came along, I put another few bucks into it 'cause it brought some features in color correction and annotation that I wanted. The user interface was pretty much the same so it was an easy transition.

Had some extra change burning a hole in my pocket when Filmora Pro was released and fell into the romance of the marketing. Bought it, but found the user interface changed enough that I didn't want to relearn how to do what I could already do quickly in Filmora 10. So far, I haven't needed to do anything in video editing that I couldn't do in Filmora, and it fits easily in my laptop specs.

My opinion -- pick something and stay with it through the curve of learning what you need to know. Video editing is a whole different beast and language than photo editing. Unless you plan to become a professional video editor, you probably don't need the capability of Resolve.

(Besides, the Filmora staff have cuter gals doing the tutorials :) )

R

Reactions: MTO
Hello my fellows Phantom owners.

I have P4P and now, I am at the point to show what I filmed. The question is, which of these two would you recommand to make a "so call" video ?

I am open to any other product.

Merci !!-

Bernard Gagnon
Québec City
I would try DaVinci. It's a professional software and the free version has all you need. it works great for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20