D-log 500 ISO

Don't you have the little square on the DJI go app screen that shows you a 'normal' image when shooting DLOG? It's up by the AFlock symbol. The grey square and when tapped it simulates what DLOG will look like once processed. It essentially adds a LUT to the image. This is the same as adding a Atomos recorder as one other poster mentioned.

Has no one seen this feature of the new app version?

It's only in the iOS version of the App, not on Android

Reactions: AIRSPACE
Don't you have the little square on the DJI go app screen that shows you a 'normal' image when shooting DLOG? It's up by the AFlock symbol. The grey square and when tapped it simulates what DLOG will look like once processed. It essentially adds a LUT to the image. This is the same as adding a Atomos recorder as one other poster mentioned.

Has no one seen this feature of the new app version?
It is not showing up in my app inkytog! So your saying this button lets you see a nice contrasty saturated cache image or you can switch to see the dull D-log that is being recorded on the bird? I want this button for sure. Hard to see very good when it 's that dull on screen all the time.

However being limited to 500 ISO whilst shooting pictures in DLOG will degrade image quality due to the increase of noise.
I really hope they add a way to separate video and and still settings.
Also I can say that after testing yesterday the DLOG photos are massively under exposed, by about 2 stops.
R
Yes they are over by about 2 stops if you set a normal looking balanced histogram. I guess I will try it and move my exposure up and way to the right for my next test. But if D-log supposedly does not affect a Raw still then why should we even have to mess with it for stills? Is it just so that we get another stop of dynamic range or what? Thought Raw would give the full dynamic for a still. Love to know this stuff so I kind of know how to explain it to others when ask. LOL. So big question for me... is D-log doing anything to help this sensor reproduce a better still? If not, why doesn't DJI separate the video and still settings for this? Because forcing you to use 500 ISO is introducing a tiny bit of noise for sure!

You know I haven't noticed a problem with higher shutter speeds either. I wonder if it's a situation which would only come up in special situations and use cases?

Yes, I can confirm that on my P4P+, which has an android tablet built in, the LUT icon is not available. Why DJI???
It will get added to Android. It's common for various features to show up in one version of DJI GO or the other first, but eventually they show up in both (iOS and Android.) I think it depends on where they are in various release cycles.

My grey box button just showed up today to turn on and off the live view screen from D-log viewing to none viewing. This is cool! Now I wonder will the cache that we view on the ipad be recorded with the none profile or will it look like D-log footage? My button showed up after my ipad updated the Go App this am.

Just got my P4P ... took it out as an experiment in snow/ice near full moonlight last night to experiment with exposure ... that's when I found ISO locked on DLog.

Various Sony cams I've used, specifically recently FS700 with 7Q+ shoots Slog, which has fully user settable ISO ... that is, I can turn it UP to gain up if I need it, but I think baseline is pretty high. Same with RX100m4.

I do not understand why they would lock ISO. Another poster quipped that "What's next - will they lock aperture at f5.6 cuz that's best?"

I have not been able to find an explanation on what the difference between D-LOG and S-LOG is ... anyone?

Switched back from Art to Dlog (on ipad Mini 2) to see the LUT viewer square .. I don't ...

Also .. any reason to shoot in h.265? Kinda lose the ability to import directly into AE CC 2017 ... EDIT: Learned to change container (suffix) to .mp4 (either shoot in that, or you can change it before importing) ... AE recognizes it fine ... early tests show different noise signatures, but haven't done real world tests yet ... I'm hoping it's better in motion with detail.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevMo Photog
Well, at least your LUT icon is actually doing something...on my ipad mini the icon changes from grey to colour but doesn't have any affect on the monitor at all. Strangely it does work on android.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1