Cyberlink PowerDirector

Reaction score
Does anyone use or have used Cyberlink’s PowerDirector for video editing? Is there another one you would suggest? Looking at purchasing & although $130 seems to be a good price for a video editor, it’s a bit to much for a trial-and-error.

Thanks!

Aaron

Does anyone use or have used Cyberlink’s PowerDirector for video editing?
Yep....Still do. I don't do enough for anything more expensive. It will do much of what you want without issues. That said, I do use Photoshop, and other editors, but this will do what you need, within reason.

Reactions: ARMeyer
Yep....Still do. I don't do enough for anything more expensive. It will do much of what you want without issues. That said, I do use Photoshop, and other editors, but this will do what you need, within reason.

Thank you!

I used power director for 9 years of video production, and I think it's pretty good. I personally love Adobe Premiere Pro. It's not that hard to use and it's got tons of features, but totally understand if it's too expensive, I pay 52 dollars month because I use almost all of Adobe's apps, but if you just got Adobe Premiere Pro it would be $20 a month. I think CyberLink PowerDirector would be a great video editor for you. it is actually very similar to Adobe Premiere Pro in a lot of ways, so making the switch from PowerDirector to Premiere Pro would be pretty seamless. It was for me.
Does anyone use or have used Cyberlink’s PowerDirector for video editing? Is there another one you would suggest? Looking at purchasing & although $130 seems to be a good price for a video editor, it’s a bit to much for a trial-and-error.

Thanks!

Aaron

Blackmagic Design has a professional level editor, Resolve, which is available in a free version that can be downloaded from their web site.

Thanks!

Aaron
I use PowerDirector 365. Its a monthly fee for about $6/month. I'm not a video editor pro,but I've been able to get good results for my drone videos.

Thank you all for your replies and input! I think I’ll give it a shot. It’ll at least get me started and I can upgrade from there. Maybe even go to 365 eventually.

Aaron

Reactions: Weston Ney
Thank you all for your replies and input! I think I’ll give it a shot. It’ll at least get me started and I can upgrade from there. Maybe even go to 365 eventually.

Aaron
The free version of Black Magic Resolve is all you will ever need. I've been in the video business for 30 years, no need to buy any software. Plenty of Youtube videos to help you with learning Resolve.

I've used Premier Pro, Pinnacle Studio, dabbled with free Resolve (which could be all you need as cneedelman says) and most recently for the last 4-5 years Cyberlink PowerDirector because of its adequacy for my prosumer purposes, its simplicity, and its low cost. They likely have a free trial period you can test drive.

I use PowerDirector for most. Have tried Resolve yet but it's installed. Can't be too hard since there are tutorials on YouTube. I know a few people that will be switching to Resolve from Premier.

I used to edit with PowerDirector(trail version). Now I'm using Davinci Resolve. Not just because it is free. It can handle 4K videos without sturring or freezing, and work on windows, linux and mac. :D
PowerDirector only rolls out the windows version.
----- I don't like the interface of PowerDirector.

Use powerdirector for all my stuff, and have for years... Its pretty simple for the simple editing that I do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31