Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

Really liking these filters! Although, even after realizing they would be a pain to install/uninstall in the field, and deciding I would do the install/uninstall at home before leaving, I stupidly went ahead and took them out to the field today. While installing one, on the picnic table, yeah, the cover fell through a crack. Broke the UV lens right in half! Why do we do stupid things like this?! Anyhoo............... good thing my backup P3P will arrive tomorrow!

I would like to purchase these.

How can I send a pm?
Only thing I see is 'start a conversation'.. (Or is that the same?)

Ah, ok.. :)
Sry for that noob question.. figured it out. Yes, in contact now.
Thanks Ghost and Snerd!

Really liking these filters! Although, even after realizing they would be a pain to install/uninstall in the field, and deciding I would do the install/uninstall at home before leaving, I stupidly went ahead and took them out to the field today. While installing one, on the picnic table, yeah, the cover fell through a crack. Broke the UV lens right in half! Why do we do stupid things like this?! Anyhoo............... good thing my backup P3P will arrive tomorrow!
Snerd...sorry to hear that...I almost did the same exact thing luckily I got my foot under it before it hit the concrete, I went ahead and purchased a backup cover from DJI as they are now available on their website for purchase and will keep it as backup.

Snerd...sorry to hear that...I almost did the same exact thing luckily I got my foot under it before it hit the concrete, I went ahead and purchased a backup cover from DJI as they are now available on their website for purchase and will keep it as backup.
Yep, will order a replacement today. The filter works fine business, though!

Yes it should not be that tough to unscrew just remember try not to squeeze too tightly just very light squeezing pressure..
I finally got it but mine was honestly way too tight. I made a small mark on the edge so I could tell if it had moved. When I finally got it to break loose, I screwed it back on and it was a full 3/4 turn away from where it initially was when it got tight again.

I recently purchased some -3 stop ND Gel material and setup my CNC machine with a drag knife and cut a filter to fit exactly into the removable lens cover that is on the Phantom 3.

It is raining here at the moment so have not had a chance to take it out for a test but will post comparison pictures here when i am able....

For now here are some pics of the filter and of it installed on my camera....

View attachment 19309 View attachment 19310 View attachment 19311

I would like to purchase a set of nd filters for the P3 Pro.

Got mine. Shipped fast. Quality cut/fit. Easy to install. Thanks for making these! A true bargain and you are an asset to the community here!

I get mine also ! Very good job John !
Obviously weather is very bad, so no fly this days ... and it seems all over the weekend ! ****...

Some consideration about UV stock filter by DJI removal
1. The forum is full of instruction, but I see that on my two cameras (P3P & P3A) the thread force is defferent betweemn the two. P3P create me a lot of difficulties.
2. Once the UV filter is out, I used spray lubrificant (very small qty!) on a towel and I touched both threads with it, then I screw/unscrew filter a couple of times to let lubrificant spread all over the threads. That's solve me screw/unscrew problems for next times.

Some important consideration about ND jelly filters:
1. DON'T touch with fingers the filter area. Keep it by the edges.
2. In case of dirty, fingerprints and dust, USE ONLY a micro-fiber clean cloth, no alchool, no liquid products! You destroy it, matting the surface!

Last edited:
Just finished piecing together the video from using these down on the Riviera Maya. A few notes...

-Shooting at 6000K turned out to be WAAAY too warm.
-Video turned out super smooth
-To some other people's points, they aren't easy to change in the field so make a light assessment before going out to shoot. I left both filters in for every shot and had to really brighten things up in post for some of the shots.

Anyways, here is an EDITED (I changed the colors some) video made using the filters. I can provide raw examples if people would like to see them.

Edited to add: Shot at 4K 24FPS

Reactions: ctp, Dome and snerd
Just finished piecing together the video from using these down on the Riviera Maya. A few notes...

-To some other people's points, they aren't easy to change in the field so make a light assessment before going out to shoot. I left both filters in for every shot and had to really brighten things up in post for some of the shots.

Anyways, here is an EDITED (I changed the colors some) video made using the filters. I can provide raw examples if people would like to see them.

Nice scenery. How much was it to rent the bungalow? Looks like a trip for me...

Wow very nice..we were on vacation there last year just outside of Playa Del Carmen had a great time...

Reactions: davemex

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT