Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

The filter material, both Wratten and Tiffen, arrived and my CNC is hard at work .... filters will be going out by Saturday....
and I believe I will have just enough to fill all of the orders....

wratten.jpg

I am also feeling like giving more to the community so I have 6 extra 3D printed Lens caps for the P3 Camera...This is for US only.....

I will be giving the lens caps away to the next 4 videos that are posted showing off the filters in action...Davemx and Prostreetcamaro are getting two of them already....great job guys and I will reach out to you to confirm your shipping info....

Post those videos guys....the next 4 get the caps...FREE of charge...

Last edited:
Reactions: davemex
Nice Delirious....be careful flying over traffic ;)
and you even got a nice drone selfie, very cool....

That is one lens cap gone.....3 more to go.....

I will contact you via a personal conversation to verify you shipping info and will get the cap in the mail tomorrow....

Ok, nothing special. No editing. Just the filter.

Yours looks a little hazy too, like mine. Also there appears to be a blurry spot in the middle towards the upper right hand. Was there any water on the lens?

Before putting the filter in I made sure to wipe everything down with a micro fiber cloth and wear rubber gloves. I'd hate to put the filter in, take an awesome video, and then find out later that it had a big finger print right in the middle.

Very small video where I'm flickering through some settings. Seems very hazy to me and just not clear. One of my filters did a have kink in the center opon arrival. My guess damage through the mail. I will try again this evening and see if I get better quality.

Last edited:
This is a video of a different day without filters. Weather was completely different so I don't know how much credibility it can hold.

Gee, the last couple of videos look bad. I'm guessing its because of smudge on the lens. I purchased 2 sets of these.
I guess a micro fiber rag and latex gloves are needed every time one has to adjust a stop :confused:

Very small video where I'm flickering through some settings. Seems very hazy to me and just not clear. One of my filters did a have kink in the center opon arrival. My guess damage through the mail. I will try again this evening and see if I get better quality.

Coldfire - if you have a damaged filter I will gladly send you a replacement I will start a personal conversation so we can get it squared away.....

When I handle the filter material and also when putting into my P3 Camera I use a pair of non-powdered latex gloves and a lens cloth to be sure all is clean..

Reactions: Bigdz
I knew you would data. This post was not intended to be negative towards you in anyway. You've been great through the whole process.

To all that have purchased, Please if you have any issue feel free to reach out to me via a personal conversation in the forum and I will be happy to work with you to resolve it....customer satisfaction is a top priority.....

Reactions: Bigdz
Ladies and Gents, dataway will be setting up a separate thread for selling his ND filters in the classified section. Please order there. I will leave this thread here for discussion of ND filters in general.

Place your orders in the classifieds. This thread will remain here as long as it remains on topic for the use of ND filters and not buying and selling.

@dataway it might be a god idea to post handling instructions for the gels before you send too many out and start getting complaints, etc.. One poster on another forum said if you get a fingerprint on a gel you might as well throw it in the trash, and that you cant clean them like you can a glass filter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT