Current iPads Don't Fit Phantom Controller Bracket !!

Reaction score
So I already have a 9.7" iPad for my Phantom and it JUST fits in the mounting bracket on the controller. I did have to cut 2 notches out of the protective case I bought for it though.

Now we need a new iPad for a new drone, but unfortunately Apple have increased the standard iPAd screen size from 9.7" to 10.2" and when I went in to the Apple shop to try it I discovered there is no way it will fit.

DJI, when will you increase the size of the mounting bracket to allow the 2020 iPad to fit on your controllers ??

Not everyone wants to use an iPad mini !!

Thank you.

Reactions: crash1sttime
Welcome to the forum. Here is one I got awhile back but isn’t
available now but what it looks like.
B4FC9D75-4AD1-433D-BCF9-4791FC910A62.png

Reactions: Capt KO
I got one of those but not quite the same. Issue I had was my otterbox case wouldn’t fit in it so be sure and check that
it does. The PP one said it would and why I use it. The issue
with it though it is higher, not really an issue just takes up more space. You can see the difference in them here. Just
saing if you use a case be sure the one you get will accept
your case.
C1B900D3-C8C5-4902-8A01-337DA57B245D.jpeg589DDA49-9702-4A44-8383-2A1B893C53AC.jpeg

Reactions: skymonkey
I got one of those but not quite the same. Issue I had was my otterbox case wouldn’t fit in it so be sure and check that
it does. The PP one said it would and why I use it. The issue
with it though it is higher, not really an issue just takes up more space. You can see the difference in them here. Just
saing if you use a case be sure the one you get will accept
your case.
View attachment 117390View attachment 117391

I got the bigger extender, don’t know if the tip is as wide as the PP but it could hold my Zugu Muse case. I always take case off to reduce weight.
IMG_0718.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
I just take my 10.2" out of it's case and when I put it in the remote controller I keep the extender button pressed and just ease it in to the holder. I could get an extension but this works for me. Good luck!

I just take my 10.2" out of it's case and when I put it in the remote controller I keep the extender button pressed and just ease it in to the holder. I could get an extension but this works for me. Good luck!
My concern is the occasional times when juggling the remote and drone and the weight of the iPad tips the remote sideways - then falls OFF.
I keep my case ON. Better than cracking it or damaging the corner of the iPad when it falls.
Murphy's law & all that....

I use Velcro on the top and bottom of my case and the holder to keep it in when it tips. Have had it crack the corner
of one of my iPads falling out. It helps but not a sure fix but does give me time to get my hand on it.

I use Velcro on the top and bottom of my case and the holder to keep it in when it tips. Have had it crack the corner
of one of my iPads falling out. It helps but not a sure fix but does give me time to get my hand on it.
Excellent idea. That would make all the difference in time to react.

Reactions: dirkclod
Excellent idea. That would make all the difference in time to react.
I put it on the case just where it clamps in. Not beautiful
but does work. ?

So I already have a 9.7" iPad for my Phantom and it JUST fits in the mounting bracket on the controller. I did have to cut 2 notches out of the protective case I bought for it though.

Now we need a new iPad for a new drone, but unfortunately Apple have increased the standard iPAd screen size from 9.7" to 10.2" and when I went in to the Apple shop to try it I discovered there is no way it will fit.

DJI, when will you increase the size of the mounting bracket to allow the 2020 iPad to fit on your controllers ??

Not everyone wants to use an iPad mini !!

Thank you.
I used a 9.7 iPad for awhile then switched to the new Mini 5 when it came out and am happy with it. I wear tri-focul glasses (bummer) and thought I would need the 9.7 but the Mini 5 is working out just fine. Actually better.

Something to consider doing with your remote extenders is to glue two or thee of those foam style earplugs under the upper flange. I did not like the hard plastic pressing down directly on the edge of my iPad, so that was my answer to that issue. It also locks the iPad in very securely as the foam compresses over its edge. I let my setup hang hands free by the lanyard all the time. Never a concern that the iPad could slip out.

Reactions: jephoto
Well this is great. I was keeping an older iPad mini around because my iPad Air 3 wouldn't fit.

I used a 9.7 iPad for awhile then switched to the new Mini 5 when it came out and am happy with it. I wear tri-focul glasses (bummer) and thought I would need the 9.7 but the Mini 5 is working out just fine. Actually better.
I started flying with the P3p in 2014 and the Mini 3 is what I used (still have them) and really love the form factor. The Mini is the perfect Compromise in size and portability.
But the 5 wasn’t out when I got my P4pv2, so I’ll stick with the 9.7” for now.
What processor does the Mini 5 have?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31