csc question

Reaction score
hello pilots

i was performing an expirement with csc.. ive selected "do not shut motors midair" in app and then started motors up (performed in a controlled enviroment.. do not try it) hit csc and guess what.. it worked even if i had chosen not to shut motors..

cant understand why app tells you that its not gonna shut motors midair if you hit csc in an emergency..

I think that such a safety measure can not be deleted.
I don't know why at all. What would be the purpose?

I think that such a safety measure can not be deleted.
I don't know why at all.
I believe the OP is suggesting the safety feature is not working as designed.

correct.. ive chosen "not stop motors midflight" in app.. and seems that dji had fooled us.. two in app choices.. csc or not csc but drone reacts same in both.. cuts motors midflight if you perform a csc..

Last edited:
That's not the correct TXT file. Please follow the instructions near the bottom here to locate the TXT flight log.

That's not the correct TXT file. Please follow the instructions near the bottom here to locate the TXT flight log.
corrected it.. hope its the right file or else i can provide the .dat from the drone if you wish..

Last edited:
Well, in the way he wrote it, I understand that the motors shut down whatever he chooses.
I think that the safety measure here is to shut down the motors.

I think that the safety measure here is to shut down the motors.
well.. if you ve chosen "do not stop motors" and hit csc it does shut them down even if its not supposed to according to the app

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_094934.jpg
    IMG_20230222_094934.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 67
Well, in the way he wrote it, I understand that the motors shut down whatever he chooses.
That's what I understand too. And I'm assuming he is doing this:

1677067840378.png

And not this:

1677067855662.png

But in the end, what is the real problem here?
I can not see a situation where not stopping the motors would be good.
As I remember pushing sticks down and in the corners won't stop the motors in the air.

As I remember pushing sticks down and in the corners won't stop the motors in the air.
ive put left stick down and in and pressed rth.. it stopped the motors.. ok??
what if you ve chosen in app "do not stop motors midair" and csc works?? thats what im tryin to talk about.. an app flaw as drone stops the motors even if you ve chosen not to..

I understand, but what I'm trying to say is that it would be against safety measures if you have a drone in the air and it won't stop the motors in an emergency situation.

I understand, but what I'm trying to say is that it would be against safety measures if you have a drone in the air and it won't stop the motors in an emergency situation.
the whole expirement was about the app whitch makes people believe that csc wouldnt work if they check the option "do not stop motors midair"
i believe that pilots have to know that safety features work whatever they choose for that case.. motors are goin to stop whatever their choice was..
my objection is about a lie in the app

Absolutelly agree. The firmware is misleading in this case. But the result is what it should be.
And what person would push the stick to the middle inner corner and push the button simultaneously just to know would the motors stop or not?
Now I think it's the time to stop our conversation
Be well.

Reactions: xrider
no

thats what i did

please check the attached log file that ive posted before.. if you wish i can upload the dat file from the drone so you can see that there is a rc_cfg_emergency (or sth like that) command in the event stream.. then motors went off..

even if ive checked "do not stop motors in the air" on app.. csc works as there wasnt such a choice.. i dont know why dji is making people think that it doesnt work..
I havent updated in many years so I can’t personally confirm, but my understanding since that option was added is that it prevents ONLY the two stick CSC method from stopping the motors in flight. The stick plus button method, being a much more deliberate (far less accident prone) method, ALWAYS remains a means to stop motors in flight for emergencies. It sounds as if that is what you did, so in my understanding of the app options your Phantom performed as expected.

I obviously can’t speak for him, but I’m guessing that this is what @msinger was alluding to in his earlier post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
I havent updated in many years so I can’t personally confirm, but my understanding since that option was added is that it prevents ONLY the two stick CSC method from stopping the motors in flight.
hello.. ive tried the old way csc (nobody have seen the attached log 🙄) checked in app "stop motors midair" tried and again checked "not stop motors midair" it didnt work as its fw says to stop motors only whith stick down and in and rth button press..

its clearly a language misspelling.. ive seen someone who wanted his bird down right away as it started raining and for some reason pressed rth.. he crashed wondering why that happened as he had chosen the in app option "not stop motors midair" .. care covered evereything but we stayed with the question why there are two options if the csc order is the same in both situations.. if you choose "not stop motors midair" theres a pop up message saying that if you do a csc nothing is gonna happen to prevent an accident.. go figure..

... ' ive seen someone who wanted his bird down right away as it started raining and for some reason pressed rth.. he crashed wondering why that happened as he had chosen the in app option "not stop motors midair" ....
In the situation you described. he wanted to get the bird down as soon as possible so he push the left stick down (in a hurry the stick easily slips to the inner corner) then he pushed the RTH button - and here we are. The drone reacted as it should.
This is what we are talking about in the whole discussion here - you can not cancel this safety measure! The option in the software is misleading, yes, but with no harm. Who right-minded would do that midair with no reason, just to check it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl