Cruising speed of Litchi mission finish-actions?

Reaction score
I understand that cruising speed between waypoints will match the speed last communicated by the RC, but what about after the last waypoint is reached? If the end-of-mission-action is "RTH", is that executed at normal RTH speed, or at the--potentially much slower--speed last received? Does signal presence/loss change the behavior in this scenario?

What about the end-of-mission action return-to-waypoint-1? I suspect that will work like any other waypoint speed change, since it is probably just copied to the end of the path during upload.

The cruising speed between waypoints is whatever you preset them to be. I finish each mission relatively close to where I am flying from and choose RTH and back it comes. As for RTH speed, I've never noticed but assume it will be around 25kph as this is my normal speed for other dji go flights. The beaut thing is that even if you lose signal the mission will continue as planned with a return to signal in most cases as it returns to you.

You can set the speed from way point to way point. Cruising speed is also custimizable as tevek said. The default is 18mph. All programmed actions i.e. RTH respect DJI Go presets. The return to first way point will use the last way points set speed.

Thanks everyone. A few of those statements were not as unambiguous as my brain seems to require, so I went out and performed several tests.

An end-of-mission action of Return-To-Home is executed at the normal RTH cruising speed (same as if you had manually signaled the craft to do RTH), regardless of the presence of RC signal, or the mission cruising speed, or the last waypoint speed.

The end-of-mission action of Return To Waypoint 1 works the same as if your last waypoint was right by waypoint 1, which is to say it is executed at whatever speed was last successfully communicated to the drone.

Practical implications (for my purposes): a 12 minute (or less) mission with an extremely slow, fixed cruising speed, and an end-of-mission action of RTH, will return the bird predictably (regardless of signal) with power to spare. Any other combination that relies on an increase in speed at a waypoint is in doubt.

Yup that's what we said! Lol

I know the vocabulary can be confusing till you see it in practical situations.

Glad you got it all sorted out though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj