Cruise Ship Chase 14000ft

Reaction score
Departure from the terminal in Rotterdam. This is my personal best distance flight with a stock P3P

AIDAprima ship specifications :
Length Overall x Breadth Extreme: 300m x 37,61m built in 2015
Vessel details for: AIDAPRIMA (Passengers Ship) - IMO 9636955, MMSI 247353800, Call Sign IBGU Registered in Italy | AIS Marine Traffic

It was really early in the morning when this cruise ship (AIDAprima) took of from the city terminal in Rotterdam, and I made a estimate time it would take too arrive at my shooting location. But when I arrived there I already saw the ship passing it (this ship is fast)
So I did chase the ship in my car for the next shooting spot at the end of Hoek van Holland at the beach.

When I parked my car the ship was already passed the parking lot, so I had to hurry up to even make a chance of filming it before it was too far out of the sea.
I literally ran after the ship with the controller in my hand and the drone already up in the air for a obstruction free range spot on the beach, so I had the best chance of catching up with the ship and make some nice shots of it.

Did push the drone too its limits and when heading back the wind was against the home point, so I was not sure if the battery had enough juice in it too make it tool the beach for a dry landing.
I have had some other ' risky' flights before but this one was making me sweat the most when returning home from such a large distance

Great video, awesome ship. These captains don't mind a drone flying around in front of them? Anyone ever call the coast guard?

Reactions: blaster81
Great video, awesome ship. These captains don't mind a drone flying around in front of them? Anyone ever call the coast guard?

I do not known if they mind, but I can guess they would rather not have a drone flying nearby there ship this close in front of them.
And the coast guard here in Holland is not that active, for most drone related issues people call the police.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4