Crowdfund hacker to build custom firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll keep this thread up to date with progress. I want to keep the technical group technical only for the time being. I hope that's OK.

TBH, when money is transferred it would be fair to see whats going on, without write-access so it would stay purely technical. Before that, it's not up to us who are willing to donate.

TBH, when money is transferred it would be fair to see whats going on, without write-access so it would stay purely technical. Before that, it's not up to us who are willing to donate.
I think that is fair. When we get to that point, we'll set that up.

Reactions: rulppa
Sorry the OFF:

Just block the app (2.4.3) from net with a firewall, and still i could use the app and google maps.
Its a stupid thing, but i share it here. Android user.

Sincerely my best wishes!

Reactions: BoydBros and D700
Nope. But, it seems only DJI is attempting to implement no-fly zones. Others manufacturers will likely follow suit.
I read that both the Solo and Yuneeq UAVs have this information tied to their location as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi there, add me if you need a beta tester. I have the p3a

There was a jumper on the original phantom that you could use. If you connected the jumper, powered on and powered off, it wiped the memory of the Phantom.

Knowing a little (very little) about software code, those instructions are still somewhere in the code for the P3. Find a mechanical way to trigger that jumper (the main control board of the P3 does not have them) and perhaps you could wipe the Phantom completely, including no fly zone information.

Without a physical hack, software would have to access the memory that stores the NFZ information (it exists somewhere, is writable and unlockable). Forensic hacking would be needed. I'm positive it is do-able, but I won't pay for someone to do it; if DJI is going to force change upon me, even before the FAA, and do so in a more restrictive manner than necesary, I will have no choice but to buy a P2, install lightbridge 1, and go back to a Hero 4.

I just want to take the **** thing up to fly. I'm a pilot. I have a 333. I get the need to promote safety and education, but there isn't an auto manufacturer in the world that limits their vehicles to a top speed of 75 mph.
A P2 with a lightbridge and a Hero 4 is starting to sound like a better set up to me anyways.

Reactions: Apilot101
Ok guys !!! Time to actually do something !!

We need someone to remove the micro sd inside their aircraft (not the one in the gimbal but the one on the main board inside ) to an image using 'Win32 Disk Imager' then PM me the file .

Who is willing to do this ?

Ok guys !!! Time to actually do something !!

We need someone to remove the micro sd inside their aircraft (not the one in the gimbal but the one on the main board inside ) to an image using 'Win32 Disk Imager' then PM me the file .

Who is willing to do this ?

I don't mind doing that. How can I access that SD raw? (P3P 323B, FW1.6)

Last edited:

Once the SD card is removed from the main board, plug it into a SD card reader and then use the app to create the image file and then forward that file over please

Add me as well [emoji16] wish a had coding Skills. But can donate a peice :)

Whoever can get that image file just PM it to me plz

Reactions: Muva Bee

Any luck ??

Any progress? Seems like thread pretty much died with no new info after promising start..
I would say we got bit stuck at packaging everything so it can be simple to setup.
Also we do not know each other and probably everyone is busy minding your own business. I'm so low with my free time last mont that i barely rush out every two days to fly it a bit.

BUT, i think we found it. It would be possible to use latest app & FW versions and enjoy nfz freedom.
Just we are missing, time & resources.

Estimation.. I would say in about month or so we will be able to do proper test. I say about month, let's hope for the best.

Our theory, can be tested in few days but working on this full time. No one have (at least i think) that bunch of free time. I would like to, but can't.

Stay positive mates, it's gonna be fun if our theory prove working, loololo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl