Critique my video please

Reaction score
New pilot here from Reno, NV... had my P3SE for a week now

I am using ActionDirector right now for editing.

I took about 45 minutes of video to get this 6 minute clip.

I tried moving as slow as I could with the joysticks, but man it's tough!!!

Any tips and/or tricks to helpe improve are greatly appreciated.

I loved the video....your doing great....I tweaked my video setting and reduced the sensitivity on the flight control sticks of my P-3SE 4K....Now my videos are buttery smooth...For one you can make the sticks longer.to slow the throw....they unscrew and their a small lock nut below the upper part so you can raise it and lock it back down with " fingers only " theirs also a setting in the right control panel that will customise the sticks movement However i like the extending of the sticks better its easy to go back to the normal setting all the way back down and locked with that small nut !....Try that and Good luck on all future drone flight and Videos too.

Thanks for the I sight on lengthening the sticks... I'll give that a shot tomorrow... heading to the mountains to catch the sunrise... hopefully

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Spazz,
Love ur video, lol.....I was wondering if the pilot will be in the video or not, sure enough at the very end.....lol. Glad that u got ur P3 SE, and I sure hope that u like it. Maybe a tag short on the scenes, like time wise. I guess I don't have to tell u about the prop guards in ur video. Glad u got them, but I don't see any trees anywhere around u. I have prop guards because I have to deal with the trees. I love the clearness and the sharp. Was that 4K or 1080? Settings? Filters?
Thanks for ur import MotorCycle-Man, I will look into that as will.

New pilot here from Reno, NV... had my P3SE for a week
I am using ActionDirector right now for editing.

I tried moving as slow as I could with the joysticks, but man it's tough!!!

Any tips and/or tricks to help improve are greatly appreciated.
Amazing job overall! I really liked the movements you did at ~1:10. What computer are you using to edit this, my PC doesn't like 4k as much as yours apparently.

Thanks guys! I try really hard to get my motions to go slow... ITS SOOO TOUGH!!!!

I need more time in the air practicing maneuvers with video... we all have to start somewhere... LOL

BTW....my settings in DJI app/Litchi are as follows:

4K/ 30FPS
MP4 format
NTSC
Auto WB
no style
normal color

videos are uploaded at 4K to YT

Spazz,
Love ur video, lol.....I was wondering if the pilot will be in the video or not, sure enough at the very end.....lol. Glad that u got ur P3 SE, and I sure hope that u like it. Maybe a tag short on the scenes, like time wise. I guess I don't have to tell u about the prop guards in ur video. Glad u got them, but I don't see any trees anywhere around u. I have prop guards because I have to deal with the trees. I love the clearness and the sharp. Was that 4K or 1080? Settings? Filters?
Thanks for ur import MotorCycle-Man, I will look into that as will.

I live in the high desert region... trees are scarce... but I live 45 minutes from the Sierra-Nevada mountains... Truckee/Tahoe area.. LOTS of trees!!!

Prop guards and a 2nd battery were first on the listed to get.

Practice makes perfect and I understand what you mean by SHORT on the clips... PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!!

I get it...just need flight time to get better... using multiple techniques.to enhance the shots....

Another video from this morning.... 0700 and 24 degrees!!! I know I shouldn't fly in the cold, but had to try.....

again... let me know what you think... be critical if you need to be.. I have a thick skin.... LOL!

Last edited:
I recommend shorter cuts. That makes it challenging and you end up not using a ton of video you shot, but it can make the video more interesting.

I've been trying to become more diverse in what I shoot as after a few videos things start to look the same.

054639bqtiphz03hl770lu.jpeg

This really Helped make My Videos "Buttery Smooth" !

Another video from this morning.... 0700 and 24 degrees!!! I know I shouldn't fly in the cold, but had to try.....

again... let me know what you think... be critical if you need to be.. I have a thick skin.... LOL!
Hi, another nice video. I really like the part, where at 28 seconds, u up over a hill with something else in view. That is the style that I like doing. I wonder, at 38, it that a police car at the bottom near a road, on a break?....lol
Jabq, is right about cutting it down some.
You might as well land in the back of ur pick-up truck........lol. Have u ever tried catching with ur hand, landing?? I'm not so sure, but I believe it's called, Land Catching!"...lol.

Hi, another nice video. I really like the part, where at 28 seconds, u up over a hill with something else in view. That is the style that I like doing. I wonder, at 38, it that a police car at the bottom near a road, on a break?....lol
Jabq, is right about cutting it down some.
You might as well land in the back of ur pick-up truck........lol. Have u ever tried catching with ur hand, landing?? I'm not so sure, but I believe it's called, Land Catching!"...lol.
It's not a police car..Lol

I have caught my P3SE many times already... pretty easy actually

Yes, I have too, just don't cut ur fingers!!!...lol
LOL......you guys can hand catch them all you want.......I have 10 fingers that i plan to keep a........................for..........................long time....Id hand catch IF i " really really" had to but in the mean time No !

New pilot here from Reno, NV... had my P3SE for a week now

If you wanted to show a picture of a lake, then it was good. However, this visual should last about 10 seconds (not 5 minutes).

IMHO, a video needs to tell a story or at least move the viewer forward in their viewing. If you are presenting one subject I'd recommend at least getting different angles of the view. Take some from high up to show the whole area but then from low altitude and from different angles.

You are just starting out and you have already avoided a BIG problem that beginners usually have... that jerky video that you mentioned.

If you wanted to show a picture of a lake, then it was good. However, this visual should last about 10 seconds (not 5 minutes).

IMHO, a video needs to tell a story or at least move the viewer forward in their viewing. If you are presenting one subject I'd recommend at least getting different angles of the view. Take some from high up to show the whole area but then from low altitude and from different angles.

You are just starting out and you have already avoided a BIG problem that beginners usually have... that jerky video that you mentioned.
IMHO??

Reactions: Spazz_MMCF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl