Cree strobe ?

Reaction score
I went to charge up my Cree strobes a few days after using them and the red one don’t take a charge like it use to it stays lit constantly instead of blinking ,and after 3hrs of leaving it on the charger still nothing , it won5 turn on , is it shot or is there a fix for this ?

Thank you ,

How old is it how many charge cycles?

If used often enough and now to the point that the battery is at the end of its useful life, will no longer will take and hold a charge?

Perhaps look into replacing its little battery rather than the unit as a whole would be the way to go (probably a lot cheaper too!).

Little battery on my lights appears to simply plug in to the board, even if a soldered connection wouldn't be a deal breaker IMO.

the red one don’t take a charge like it use to it stays lit constantly instead of blinking
It's shot. That usually happens after leaving them sit for long periods of time without charging them.

Resoldering a new battery is the way to go, eBay and google is your friend. Batteries are relatively inexpensive.

How old is it how many charge cycles?

If used often enough and now to the point that the battery is at the end of its useful life, will no longer will take and hold a charge?

Perhaps look into replacing its little battery rather than the unit as a whole would be the way to go (probably a lot cheaper too!).

Little battery on my lights appears to simply plug in to the board, even if a soldered connection wouldn't be a deal breaker IMO.

I dunno , I took a look if it was a plug or soldered and unfortunately it’s soldered so for me the answer is to just buy another one , I’m not even going to pretend I’d be able to swap out batteries

Resoldering a new battery is the way to go, eBay and google is your friend. Batteries are relatively inexpensive.
Ever come across any good prices on replacement batteries? They always seem to be more expensive than buying a new light when I look for them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik