Credit card insurance

• Thread starter Deleted member 113056
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 113056

Does anyone know that they''re wasting their money on the Dji care refresh program?
If you purchased your drone on a credit card most offer automatic insurance on anything lost, damaged, or stolen. A nasty crash happened to me and the bill from DJI was 300.00. I sent it in to my credit card company and they credited my card for that amount about 3 weeks later.

Does anyone know that they''re wasting their money on the Dji care refresh program?
If you purchased your drone on a credit card most offer automatic insurance on anything lost, damaged, or stolen. A nasty crash happened to me and the bill from DJI was 300.00. I sent it in to my credit card company and they credited my card for that amount about 3 weeks later.
Not all cards offer this protection. People would be well advised to check with the card issuer before assuming they are covered.

Refresh might be a waste of money for other reasons. If you have a hardware/software failure during the warranty period refresh is an unnecessary luxury. If you have a situation where the AC is lost and can’t be recovered refresh doesn’t help. Refresh will cover operator errors, yes. For most this is the least likely contributer to loss so really by the time you pay the premium and additional replacement fee you are unlikely to be much out of pocket (if at all) covering the repair yourself. What might happen is DJI could argue an incident where warranty might ordinarily reply doesn’t and force you to use your refresh coverage. Nice win for them.

Not all cards offer this protection. People would be well advised to check with the card issuer before assuming they are covered.

Refresh might be a waste of money for other reasons. If you have a hardware/software failure during the warranty period refresh is an unnecessary luxury. If you have a situation where the AC is lost and can’t be recovered refresh doesn’t help. Refresh will cover operator errors, yes. For most this is the least likely contributer to loss so really by the time you pay the premium and additional replacement fee you are unlikely to be much out of pocket (if at all) covering the repair yourself. What might happen is DJI could argue an incident where warranty might ordinarily reply doesn’t and force you to use your refresh coverage. Nice win for them.
All credit cards offer this today.

All credit cards offer this today
Highly doubtful.... I maintain that it would be really good policy for people to check with the card issuer prior to accepting your advice. I know for a fact that not all credit cards offer the protection you claim to be universal in my country. Would be amazed if it differs where you are.

Feel free to doubt.
That’s very gracious of you....

I can say with great confidence in the USA that not all cards offer purchase protection, the ones that do provide coverage for 120 or 90 days and have limits as to the max claim per instance $500-1000.

You should be careful not to give people a false sense of security. Care refresh and other types of coverage are probably a good investment for some people.

CC limit coverage for lost, stolen, damaged items to 90 days. Refresh is 365 days. _Some_ card vary from this but not many.

That’s very gracious of you....

I can say with great confidence in the USA that not all cards offer purchase protection, the ones that do provide coverage for 120 or 90 days and have limits as to the max claim per instance $500-1000.

You should be careful not to give people a false sense of security. Care refresh and other types of coverage are probably a good investment for some people.

Maybe you should stop assuming that people are not smart enough to google something for themselves.

It's good that you got such a great credit card provider. I had the same issue and my debit card bank wouldn't care less! In general, when we discuss the topic of credit you ought to be very careful as there are many traps set by the banks. Take for example the time that I wanted to buy a house in Liverpool as my wife is originally from the UK and we always wanted a residence in that part of the country. We consulted quite a few banks and their requirements were too absurd. If it wasn't for [Link removed by Admin] l I would probably not even buy one at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice that the one claiming all CC's would cover this is now... DELETED.

I looked up my CC and it definitely varies from CC to CC... many stipulations and time frames! Just be aware :)

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3