Creating Phantom 4 Pro Spherical Panoramas

Reaction score
I've searched the forums, but no joy. Using the Phantom 4 Pro's automatic 360-degree spherical panorama camera setting, what is the best software and settings to merge the 34 photos it takes? I've tried Photoshop, MS ICE, Lightroom and others, but been unsuccessful in creating the quality of 360° spherical that the DJI Air 2S shoots and produces automatically onboard. Here is an example of what I am getting with the Air 2S that I would like to replicate with the P4P: Jacksonville Drone Services Aerial Photography | Wavepilot Aerial

Here is an example image of the distorted panos I'm getting:

1716561436014.png

Thanks in advance - any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
WOW!
I got dizzy. :rolleyes:

I got a couple of members in mind, that may be able to help.

Your wanting to use a P4P instead?

Rod ..

WOW!
I got dizzy. :rolleyes:

I got a couple of members in mind, that may be able to help.

Your wanting to use a P4P instead?

Rod ..

Yes, I want to produce 360 panos from the P4P's auto spherical pano mode that are as good quality as the panos produced by the Air 2S. I'm failing somewhere in configuring the software processing side.

Why the P4P.
Battery time, because of its size more stable, camera?

For real I'm not going to have an answer.
Automation, I use Litchi, just video footage around my area. I don't care about quality.
Sometimes I have to find it, if it doesn't make it back.

Rod ...

Why the P4P.
Battery time, because of its size more stable, camera?

For real I'm not going to have an answer.
Automation, I use Litchi, just video footage around my area. I don't care about quality.
Sometimes I have to find it, if it doesn't make it back.

Rod ...

I have certain missions where I want to fly the P4P (like orthomapping sites and Litchi waypoints), and I prefer not to have to launch a different aircraft just for the spherical panos. May I ask what software do you use to produce the 360-degree panos produced by Litchi?

"May I ask what software do you use to produce the 360-degree panos produced by Litchi?"

That's is way beyond what I do, I just understand what your trying to do, (I think) :)

Rod ..

Hello @Wavepilot,
I suggest you have a look PTGUI to stitch your 360 panos ($). Autopano Giga may also be of interest.
I use FlyLitchi to capture and PTGui to stitch. It doesn’t care what camera captured the images, I have used it with P4 P v1 and Mavic Air, will be testing with Mini 2 photos soon.
Cheers,
Jeff

• Love
@Miner_jeff
👍👍

@Wavepilot
Let us know!

The couple of members I had in mind I haven't bugged yet.
I don't think they actually do what your type of project.

Rod ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerials