Crazy jello with P4P!! Is this normal?

I see what looks more like Moiré than jello. That is almost to be expected with that kind of image.

You might dial down the sharpness a click or two to help with that.

Personally, I didn't see any Jello in the recent clip you posted. Regarding ground vs air, it would be more likely that jello would occur during flight vs stationary. When your flying, the motors and props are creating vibrations. The gimbal motors shouldn't cause any vibration.

Download the file and view it full screen. It's very obvious I don't think other footage is like that

Viewed it every way I could and still no jello. Viewing it from my iPad. I'll try to find time to view it on my bigger desktop monitor.

Viewed it every way I could and still no jello. Viewing it from my iPad. I'll try to find time to view it on my bigger desktop monitor.

Maybe it can only be seen on desktop? Not sure, but it's very obvious to me, the tall buildings are dancing, almost like a belly dance

Maybe it can only be seen on desktop? Not sure, but it's very obvious to me, the tall buildings are dancing, almost like a belly dance
Okay, so I direct downloaded it to my pc and yes I now see the "jello", not as bad as a "belly dance", but I do see it. Looks like this was shot in 3840X2160, 30 fps or better, and then I assume you rendered this clip into the short video for posting. Have you had the opportunity to play it "as is" on you pc without any editing, straight from the card? If yes, does it look as bad? Could your rendering software be part of the problem?

One more thought on viewing. When I had jello problems on my P3P last year, I could see it during the flight, is that the case for you?

One more thought on viewing. When I had jello problems on my P3P last year, I could see it during the flight, is that the case for you?

I could not see it while in flight because I use an iphone and the screen is too small

The video is not rendered, its straight out of the camera 3840X2160, 30 fps. I just renamed it

I could not see it while in flight because I use an iphone and the screen is too small

The video is not rendered, its straight out of the camera 3840X2160, 30 fps. I just renamed it
Well unfortunately you wouldn't be the first person that had to exchange phantoms a few times to get a good one. On the other hand you may want to rule out what Techcop suggested, "Moiré", by shooting a few different scenes.

That said, I would keep exchanging it until I got a good one. We pay too much to be frustrated with the product.

I just took the p4p out for a quick test video, just got the unit. It has crazy jello! Is this normal?

Dropbox - Test.m4v
Hey I had that jello affect in my first P4P I contacted DJI they wanted me to send it away for service it was only a week old so I went back to the retailer and said I wasn't happy with DJI's choice to send it away they were great and agreed I shouldn't have to have it serviced when it was brand new so they swapped it over for another one and guess what? the second one did the same thing so I took it straight back showed them the video footage and they swapped it again for a third one! now all is good, so this must be quite a common issue! I would be returning it to place of purchase if its only new and demanding a brand new unit!

Reactions: PapiGordo
Have you balanced your props? A good quality prop balancer is $30 or so but the eight original props that came with my P4P a month ago were all over the place balance-wise. I had to sandpaper one hub almost all the way through to get it balanced. I don't go so far as to weigh the props to group them together, but I definitely balance all of them...

Reactions: cbrownknox
Need to turn your iso settings down, a ND filter will take care of it, during mid day its hard to shoot a quality video without a ND filter due to the brightness

Did you remove the shipping foam from the gimbal?

Picture captured from the internet.
6e6a50dfe1e513fdab4e9287e7ac7b06.jpg

Question: do you folks re-install the foam block after each flight or did you pitch it and just use the Gimbal and Lens lock?

Question: do you folks re-install the foam block after each flight or did you pitch it and just use the Gimbal and Lens lock?

Toss it or put it in your case for shipping. Day to day use of that item is not needed.

For those who are having this issue P4A and P4P - Jello Effect Appear on the Screen When Recording a Video .

Hi,

The issue may occur when there is a debris on the gimbal damping unit. To resolve this, hold the yaw axis motor with one hand as shown below and turn the damping unit forward, downward, left and right. If the issue persist you may send the unit in for diagnosis and repair.

Picture in P4A and P4P jello effect.PNG

91dd65a0-d17b-4f81-807b-9d2bb283be54

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email:
[email protected]
Online Support : Click HERE to chat

Best Regards,

Raul
DJI Tech Support

For those who are having this issue P4A and P4P - Jello Effect Appear on the Screen When Recording a Video .

Hi,

The issue may occur when there is a debris on the gimbal damping unit. To resolve this, hold the yaw axis motor with one hand as shown below and turn the damping unit forward, downward, left and right. If the issue persist you may send the unit in for diagnosis and repair.

View attachment 88152

91dd65a0-d17b-4f81-807b-9d2bb283be54

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email:
[email protected]
Online Support : Click HERE to chat

Best Regards,

Raul
DJI Tech Support

I exchanged the unit and got a new one and it's the same thing. It seems all phantoms behave like this when shooting at high shutter speed. I force it down to 1/60 now and it seems to be fine. Can you confirm if this is expected behaviour?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4