Crashed Phantom 3 Standard not sure if it’s ok help!

Reaction score
I crashed my phantom 3 standard into a tree and it fell about 15ft onto concreat. The battery fell out and the drone looks a little scuffed up (as seen in picture). I quickly put the battery back in and took off again after a minute and it flys, but keeps saying compass error and it drifts around with the wind like it has no gps. I landed it and went to inspect it. It looks scuffed up and the battery feels a little loose in the plastic case it is in. I’m not sure if it’s ok can anyone help me to see if it’s ok?

Attachments

• 10DFC6C4-2B1E-4E61-822A-EB1E3C9CDBEF.jpeg
    10DFC6C4-2B1E-4E61-822A-EB1E3C9CDBEF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 326
Having the flight systems shut down abruptly like that..........is very hard on the flight electronics !.....You sure might have badly damaged the GPS module or more !

Just how new is the drone ?.....you might have to send it to Dji to have it repaired....If you opened it UP you would not be able to do a thing .

I crashed my phantom 3 standard into a tree and it fell about 15ft onto concreat. The battery fell out and the drone looks a little scuffed up (as seen in picture). I quickly put the battery back in and took off again after a minute and it flys, but keeps saying compass error and it drifts around with the wind like it has no gps. I landed it and went to inspect it. It looks scuffed up and the battery feels a little loose in the plastic case it is in. I’m not sure if it’s ok can anyone help me to see if it’s ok?
Welcome to the forum.

Do you see any compass values in the app? Do you see any sat count?

Something we have seen reported here a number of times after a P3S crash is damage to the GPS connector on the center board. It's located right at the edge of the board and when the shell flexes during a crash the connector sometimes gets damaged or the GPS wired becomes unplugged. Sometimes the connector itself is completely sheared off of the center board. It's something to look at if you decide to open the shell.

It also sounds like you may have a cracked battery compartment if that's what you mean by "loose in the plastic case." Did you mean that or did you mean the battery itself feels abnormal?

P3S GPS connector on board.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers