Crashed Phantom 2 now no GPS

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Need some help please, Crash Phantom last week, Have replaced Motors, Main board and removed V+ Gimbal and Camera - Not going to replace (read the thread on getting telemetry without V+ Gimbal)

When Starting up and plugging in to the Vision assistant it tells me GPS Needed, When looking at the version GPS shows as 0.0.0.0.

When trying to start I get Flashing red lights. In the vision app it reports GPS not detected.

I have replaced the GPS Module but the problem remains.

I have not replaced the compass as this appears to be functioning correctly

Can anyone advise

Thanks.

Hi Dirkclod,

Thanks for the reply, had a real good look, Replaced the MCB due the compass connector being detached from the board, also replaced the GPS Unit, but no still no luck.

Hi Mr T. and welcome to the forum :)
You seem to know what you are doing so me really just not sure which way for you to go now !!
You posted this in the Vision section and that's what me be used to working with and might have gotten better answers in the Plus section .
If it was in mine I would check it back in assistant with the top off and move stuff around a little just to see if something was not making a good connection .
Seems unlikely you could have gotten a bad GPS unit .
I am sorry I am not going to be much help to you :confused:
After crashing it though I would check all my connecters again just to be sure I hadn't overlooked something . Good luck with it !

Does the replacement GPS have an additional connector on it? If so, the compass needs to be plugged in there.

Hi CityZen,

Thanks for the replay, Wish I had seen it sooner would have saved a few hours head scratching and google searching.

Yes it does, plugged the compass in and it lives again :)

Have it all back together now but it's raining and blowing a gale so unable to give it a good testing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers