Crashed P3A - Suggestions?

Reaction score
Never thought I'd be posting a crash but I learned a very expensive lesson: stick with DJI propellers. I have been extremely careful and was proud to have a clean, safe flight log - never any issues. However, using cheap, aftermarket props led to a hobby-ending crash.

Turns out there is too much damage to constitute a repair because the innards were simply rattled too badly. Being a 100% disabled vet on an extremely limited income, I sadly cannot afford a replacement. That said, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to help me recoup some of my loss. Should I post "parts available" with a classified ad here on phantompilots.com and hope to sell all the undamaged, slightly used, individual items? Might it be more valuable to sell the whole package (i.e., transmitter, batteries, sunshade, original box w/all accessories)? Thanks in advance for your comments,

Bummed out in Lake Placid, FL

Scott,
sorry to hear about your crash.
can you please post some pictures here of the damage? i might be interested.
thank you

Hunch, here are a bunch of pics. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_6733.JPG
    IMG_6733.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 448
  • IMG_6721.JPG
    IMG_6721.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 427
  • IMG_6729.JPG
    IMG_6729.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 431
  • IMG_6722.JPG
    IMG_6722.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 425
  • IMG_6732.JPG
    IMG_6732.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 478
  • IMG_6727.JPG
    IMG_6727.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 455
  • IMG_6718.JPG
    IMG_6718.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 403
  • IMG_6748.JPG
    IMG_6748.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 453
  • IMG_6735.JPG
    IMG_6735.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 410
  • IMG_6747.JPG
    IMG_6747.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 437
The remaining accessories such as the transmitter, batteries, sunshade, charger, etc. are all in great shape, should you be interested.

Scott, that looks pretty repairable. does the bird still turn on and how is the top of the bird?
anything physically broken on the bird besides the obvious yaw arm on the gimbal?

Hunch, the bird does not turn on. The top physically looks ok but the screws inside that holds it on are broken. Jeremy from US Drone Repair in Ft Bragg, CA checked it out and said that it will cost more to fix it than it would be to just purchase another used P3A. I figured if there is someone who is buying crashed P3's and repairing, this would be a good deal. If you're trying to find a wreck to fix, then this one wouldn't be for you. When you are assessing a wrecked P3, what are you looking for? What are your goals? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
Scott H

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31