Crashed Obsidian

Reaction score
I crashed my Obsidian into a a bunch of tiny branches and it fell about 10’ to the ground. The props were all busted up and it has a few scratches and I noticed a small crack in one of the legs. Other then that it seems to be fine. Restarted it. Put on new props and flew it briefly. No error messages. Camera and gimbal seem to be fine. Is there a way to run a full diagnostics on it to be sure? I don’t want to fly it too high or far away and then it just fails and falls from the sky at 300’.

I crashed my Obsidian into a a bunch of tiny branches and it fell about 10’ to the ground. The props were all busted up and it has a few scratches and I noticed a small crack in one of the legs. Other then that it seems to be fine. Restarted it. Put on new props and flew it briefly. No error messages. Camera and gimbal seem to be fine. Is there a way to run a full diagnostics on it to be sure? I don’t want to fly it too high or far away and then it just fails and falls from the sky at 300’.
Typically after a bad crash it's wise to check the IMU numbers and recalibrate if necessary as they can go abit out of calibration with a hard knock. Other than that, just closely inspect the entire AC for any cracks or damage and with new props and a good fully charged battery that stays inserted tightly you should have no worries.

Reactions: Bellaflys2016

First thing we would do is run a 26 minute hover flight in a safe space and see to determine GPS stays solid and does not jump into atti mode.
Depending on where the crack is , you can seal that up caulk and than wrap that up with the Phantom Wet Suit to give the Drone some added protection and protecting the crack.

The Obsidian looks amazing with the Wet Suit and offers some extra benefits as well.
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 7.39.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 7.39.53 AM.png

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor

First thing we would do is run a 26 minute hover flight in a safe space and see to determine GPS stays solid and does not jump into atti mode.
Depending on where the crack is , you can seal that up caulk and than wrap that up with the Phantom Wet Suit to give the Drone some added protection and protecting the crack.

The Obsidian looks amazing with the Wet Suit and offers some extra benefits as well.View attachment 108817

View attachment 108816

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor[/

Once again thread hijacking!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik