crashed my phanton2

Reaction score
Second day of flying, had a mishap in the backyard with a fir tree. Slightly bent one of the legs/landing gear on the Phanton2, also bent one of the pieces on the H2-3D that holds the white dampners. Any suggestions on what to do/where to have it fixed? Thanks.

Do you mean the H3-3D or the H3-2D?

Also, was it the plate that attaches to the Phantom that was bent, or the plate that's part of the gimbal? If it's the former, you can just buy the replacement part...but if it's the latter then there's a good chance the gimbal will need to be replaced or at least sent to DJI for paid repair.

The landing gear is not a big deal, that's also a cheap part you can pick up at many different dealers.

If you can post a pic of the damage it should be easy for us to pinpoint.

Oh sorry, I meant the H3-3D … and yes it's the plate that's bent. I beleive the gimbal is okay? Do I have to order a replacement plate from DJi or are there domestic dealers that sell it? Thanks.

Had crashed my phantom 2 with the H3-3D gimbal, have things straigtened out now and remounted it. When I power it on to initialize the gimbal, it seems to rattle and shake and never gets settled or through the initializtion phase. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Regarding the leg and body shell. If they are bent you can simply heat them up and straighten them out.
I just a heat gun for paint stripping to do this. Works a charm.
Make sure you do not overheat. Just keep trying until you feel that it moves. As far as I can tell this does not weaken the plastic.

Lykle

Thanks for the responses … I think I'll need to send mine back for repair which feels like a slow and expensive process. Bummer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl