Crashed hard

Reaction score
Last flight I set a gps route hit go it took off fine went to every way point and on the return to home got about 35 yards from me at 95 feet and all four rotors quit and it smashed the ground hard. Busted the battery broke wires loose. Has anybody else had this happen to them???

how long was the route?
what is battery % left at end of flight.
what was time(lenth) of flight
windy or calm
was it a fresh battery(full charge)

info---the more the better folks can help!

Normally when the battery gets to low it autolands. A complete stop and drop indicated a power loss. Check the battery contacts and the spring tensioner and see if you see any thing irregular.

That's the second report I've read in this forum of all 4 props stopping in mid-flight, but in the other case it was a new Phantom 3 model. The only likely scenarios I can think of that would cause a complete cut off of power would be either a loose or disconnected battery due to dirty contacts, or a faulty barometer that suddenly showed no atmospheric pressure change for 3 seconds while the left stick was held down during descent and initiated an all motor shutdown. (I have no idea what the barometer unit looks like.)

Last edited:
check you battery settings to see if you have low power RTH autoland on If your battery hit the 30 -20 % level

or is it set to RTH and hover vs land.

if set to rth and hover on low battery it may have done just that!--- until the battery shut off at the preset % and quad drops

It was a clear day not very windy. Couldn't say how long the route was but the rth and all other settings are factory. I have ran it down to the wire on battery before and it did fine. It's almost like it just turned off on its own. Only seen one or two other cases of this

It's like a computer, can't turn off on its own. Has to get a command from somewhere or as suspected complete loss of power. I would look at the battery. Check the assistant, check spring contacts and the battery contacts.in the assistant look at the battery data. All cells should be fairly close and no errors.

Same thing happened to me today my phantom vision plus v3 just decide to fall out the sky after 3 minutes of flight time. The phantom is smash to pieces it's a total write off still can't believe. I was hovering in the park and all of a sudden it just went dead. When I came home and try to turn it on it just beep constantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is all speculation as I have not kept up with the original thread...

If you have a P2V+ V3, then you need to open up and check your ESC's and make sure they are 2.1 ESC's. There is known batch (random serial numbers) that use "left over" 2.0 ESCs that are allegedly incompatible that causes the mosfets on the ESC to heat up and short the motor wires and hence "short out the bird" and shut off in mid flight.

Another theory in that same thread (I cant find it) that also talks about the "solid singular motor wires" that break from the soldering points micro-vibrations. This can be prevented by using a glue gun on the solder joints and wire.

If you do decide to open it up, take a photo and post it. Many here can identify the issue.
If you this does not make any sense, then I suggest you not to open it as it will void warranty.

This is all speculation as I have not kept up with the original thread...

If you have a P2V+ V3, then you need to open up and check your ESC's and make sure they are 2.1 ESC's. There is known batch (random serial numbers) that use "left over" 2.0 ESCs that are allegedly incompatible that causes the mosfets on the ESC to heat up and short the motor wires and hence "short out the bird" and shut off in mid flight.

Another theory in that same thread (I cant find it) that also talks about the "solid singular motor wires" that break from the soldering points micro-vibrations. This can be prevented by using a glue gun on the solder joints and wire.

If you do decide to open it up, take a photo and post it. Many here can identify the issue.
If you this does not make any sense, then I suggest you not to open it as it will void warranty.
I contacted the biggest DJI dealers in the UK today about the ESC 2.1 or lack of in my P2V+V3 and they had no clue about this .... Spoke directly to the engineer. I have P2V+V3 and the ESC's have no 2.1 on the label. But then I read that if they are factory fitted 2.1's they won't have 2.1 on the white sticker.!?! WTF

The whole topic about ESC's is very confusing and a minefield of conjecture

Last flight I set a gps route hit go it took off fine went to every way point and on the return to home got about 35 yards from me at 95 feet and all four rotors quit and it smashed the ground hard. Busted the battery broke wires loose. Has anybody else had this happen to them???
I had this issue with my P3 advanced. Took off from my back yard with 55% battery life, got about 200 feet up then the power just went dead. Phantom dropped like a rock! The camera broke off and all the props were broken, it landed upside down. I've been flying for 2 years and never had a problem with my equipment. I'm done. Selling it when I get it back from DJI. I'm lucky I was able to recover it. Most of the time I fly over water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.