Crashed! Can't connect, now what???

Reaction score
  • Hit a tree limb about 20 feet up, bird fell to the ground with a beautiful explosion of parts. Vibration plate broke, camera ripped off, camera wires broke away from body. Battery fell out of compartment. Cleaned all the mud off and tried to connect to the bird, but it can't find it. Camera is not connected as I have ordered a new vibration plate. Question, does the camera have to be connected for the DJI app to connect to bird? Can u fly without camera? What is my next step in diagnosising what to do next?
  • Thanks

My experience is you Can fly without visual feed, because I crashed my bird 2 days ago and can't connect visually but can fly no problem. But I don't like doing it. I have no idea what the battery is doing, if my signal is getting weak, and no way to activate return to home setting

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Was able to super glue the vibration plate and solder the brass connectors on the antenna wire. That wasn't fun, very small and coax! Got it up in the air!

Was able to super glue the vibration plate and solder the brass connectors on the antenna wire. That wasn't fun, very small and coax! Got it up in the air!
Crashed mine in almost the same way. Was very depressed for about 2 weeks. Then it crossed my mind to check the link button on the underside. Sure enough the button was in a depressed state, took a small screwdriver and was able to free it up. Sense then no problem.

My experience is you Can fly without visual feed, because I crashed my bird 2 days ago and can't connect visually but can fly no problem. But I don't like doing it. I have no idea what the battery is doing, if my signal is getting weak, and no way to activate return to home setting

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This thread was about the P3S right?? You can activate return to home by toggling the S2 switch on the radio controller. Works fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart