Crashed and repairing

Reaction score
So I crashed the phantom 4 and am working on the repairs. I had to replace the shell, legs, gimbal hanger, gimbal ribbon cable, yaw motor. I have everything back together and the drone seems to start up fine, all lights, everything in the app looks good, except the gimbal shows as disconnected.

Looking for some advice as to what to check. I tried to format the sd card which is in the gimbal unit, but the app says no sd card found. So I assume something is not right between the main drone and that whole gimbal unit. I replaced both cables (DJI cables). But nothing. Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks

Reactions: HughFG
Still working on this. It appears after putting it back together I’m getting no power to the gimbal and sd card unit. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Reactions: Hounddog
So now I have the fan working that is in the gimbal assembly but no SD found error and zero from the gimbal itself. When I ordered the gimbal hanger it came with a generic ribbon cable. I’ve just ordered a DJI cable to try that, any other ideas?

Reactions: dronesky
So now I have the fan working that is in the gimbal assembly but no SD found error and zero from the gimbal itself. When I ordered the gimbal hanger it came with a generic ribbon cable. I’ve just ordered a DJI cable to try that, any other ideas?
Afraid I don't know how to fix but plenty of others have warned against using anything but DJ ribbon cable so good chance that will fix your problem. Good luck

Ok ribbon replaced with DJI ribbon. Now I have the sd card working, camera working, fan working, but none of the gimbal motors will do anything. It just hangs there and does nothing at all. Any suggestions? Thanks

Reactions: dronesky
Ok ribbon replaced with DJI ribbon. Now I have the sd card working, camera working, fan working, but none of the gimbal motors will do anything. It just hangs there and does nothing at all. Any suggestions? Thanks
Maybe gimbal board good you've gotten some of it working getting close

On my phantom I had to replace the whole gimbal and camera, it cost me 1000 dollars Canadian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl