Crashed and destroyed my drone and the valuable lessons I learned.

I got fixed, well sorta, do you know what is it 480p / 720p, 30fps / 24 fps. I will try some tests to make it work.

The one I usually used you needed a file that was uncorrupted but what had the same settings, thats how Luis's worked.
That's what made his simple, But It does play.

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
Found the correct settings, watching it now.

Rod

Oh...( Mod Removed)Now I'm nervous. I shot it in 1080p at 6ofps. That's what the normal settings is.It would be cool to get it back even at 720p. I just want to show my daughter the footage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got fixed, well sorta, do you know what is it 480p / 720p, 30fps / 24 fps. I will try some tests to make it work.

The one I usually used you needed a file that was uncorrupted but what had the same settings, thats how Luis's worked.
That's what made is simple, But It does play.

Rod
What did you do Rod, can't get it to play on anything???

Well it really sucked, it was like watching the Titanic movie.

It stops on contact, there wasn't any suffering...... :oops:

I will load it up, somewhere, I need to find some space of my own.

Rod

Well it really sucked, it was like watching the Titanic movie.

It stops on contact, there wasn't any suffering...... :oops:

I will load it up, somewhere, I need to find some space of my own.

Rod
What was the resolution settings? 720p? Do you have a Google Drive account and send me the link? Thank you so much for doing this. The video from that day is the only thing that I would be able to salvage.

Its loading up to a One Drive

It will be there when it gets there.
DJI0022-repaired.h264

If it won't play, it plays for me I use potplayer, but VLC should work.
You can try changing the extension to .mov, .mp4 form .h264, anyways we will figure it out.

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: bletzinger and Oso
Yeah I think it I picked 1080p / 60fps

Rod

Yeah, later maybe an hour, I will check on it.

Rod

It loading up to a One Drive

It will be there when it gets there.
DJI0022-repaired.h264

If it won't play, it plays for me I use potplayer, but VLC should work.
You can try changing the extension to .mov, .mp4 form .h264, anyways will figure it out.

Rod
Umm, can't get the modified file to play Rod. Downloaded OK, 1.2Gb. Tried VLC but no luck and pot player doesn't seem to exist for Mac?

Just got back, I was in a hurry to get uploaded I will play with it....

Rod

Rod. Thank you. I opened it using my Kodi app (installed on my laptop). It wouldn't play on VLC or Any Player. But at least I was able to view it. Wow. What a complete idiot I was. The thing was right next to the WindTurbine. You can literally see the blade coming at you. My heart breaks again just viewing that. What an awesome shot that would have been if it would have survived.

Reactions: RodPad
You guys have to excuse the amateurish flying. I was trying to figure out what to do. I just didn't want to fly towards, then back. I wanted to do a full orbit and needed to do it manually. I haven't done such flying like that in a long time. Usually I do this during flight, then cut it out during the editing process.

As you can see, from my eyes, the drone was well behind the structure. I wanted to fly it toward the back and get a behind view. I didn't know I was within striking distance of the blade. That final shot......WAS.....EPIC though. Like looking at a guillotine coming down on your head.

Last edited:
@cheddarman,
Do you want some cheese with that wine. :)
Up loading a .mov

Rod

Last edited:
Cheddarman, I will try to get this file into my video editor and I will share the final version through YouTube. For Rod, I will even add the Titanic music "My heart will go on". Watching it was gut wrenching. But now, I have some final closure. It's something my daughter and I can watch (and cry) together.

What did you do Rod, can't get it to play on anything???
I used the link from this post:
Crashed and destroyed my drone and the valuable lessons I learned..

Then I starting guessing on the file format there are 26 options. Third try, their program fixes the file but still leaves it as .h264 format. This is the same a security cameras save to hard drives. So when you pick your .mp4 or .mov on the Phantom. I guess the phantom converts it when it saved, I really have no clue.

I got a copy of Luis's last program, took me longer to find it than to run it. but he had a convert from .h264 something he last added. So that is what I used to change it to a .mov

He has a please donate on it to pay-pal, I think I will add to his original thread, set up a Dropbox for it, and leave an explanation.

Rod

Yikes. I knew the final outcome, but I could still feel myself getting more and more tense as the AC approached the plane of the blades. I was even rocking back and forth in my chair as each blade passed by inches from the camera. It looked like you came so very close to passing through the plane unscathed. It was sort of cool to be honest. Of course, sorry that this happened to you but I did enjoy the video. @Winnie2019 - Thanks for sharing it with us.

@RodPad - thanks much for running it through the software and making it available to view. :)

20191113 Wind Turbine Death.JPG

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20