Crash.....

Reaction score
had my first crash and need you help.

it was having compass errors so recalibrated then it picked up 8 sats so took off and it was acting like it was in ATTI mode even tho had it in P on my controller

went straight into a building and fell 20 feet

the flight log doesnt say much is there a more detailed way of seeing what happened?

and ideas how much this will cost to repair? new shell and gimbal by the looks of it

no was iphone and DJI app!

it was as tho it was in ATTI mode even tho it had 8/9 sats connected!

its seems to be the latest software update as well have flown in the same spot a few times and this is the only time ive had issues after doing the update a week or so ago

You might want to pop the shell open to check that bent arm for internal damage to the electronics.

Compass errors often mean interference where you are flying. So doing a compass calibration would only make it worse.

Get the DAT file from the drone and upload it to dropbox, then link it here on the forums. How to retrieve a .DAT

its seems to be the latest software update as well have flown in the same spot a few times and this is the only time ive had issues after doing the update a week or so ago

I am sorry about your crash. Did you by any chance re-calibrated everything after software update?.

By the looks of it, you are looking at about $300-$400 repair.
I have heard good things about these guys, they may give you a better idea of the cost of the repair.
Drone Repairs

This is a situation where DJI Care refresh pays itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: ebi718
had my first crash and need you help.

it was having compass errors so recalibrated then it picked up 8 sats so took off and it was acting like it was in ATTI mode even tho had it in P on my controller

went straight into a building and fell 20 feet

the flight log doesnt say much is there a more detailed way of seeing what happened?

and ideas how much this will cost to repair? new shell and gimbal by the looks of it
Does your log shot a GPS NOMATCH error?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez