Crash/repair/water crash

JLB

Reaction score
On my 26th flight I was ascending my P3P (my 3rd phantom) slowly at about 140 feet when it just started flying very fast at an angle toward the ground. The gimbal broke, shell split open, battery top came off, It didn't look repairable. Called DJI, two weeks later UPS delivered a new P3P with the new motors and a new controller. No battery, they said they would send one but nothing yet.

A week later I was flying too low and too fast up the Colorado river, hit a bush. The P3P fell into two feet of water. It took me about 15 minutes to reach the crash site. There was no damage due to the crash except for the battery which is dead. After a 30 minute drive home, I blew it out with my air compressor for about an hour. Set it in the sun for a few hours. It looked dry so I fired it up with no props , everything but the GPS worked perfectly. The next morning the GPS started working. It's flying normal and the photos and video look the same.

I'm out two batteries, I guess I can live with that.

Submerged in rice is known to be the best to for any fresh water plunge. The air compressor can easily blow wires off and other stuff which makes it a bad choice to use.

Good to see you're at least back in the air again.

Btw, I just watched the video. Your aircraft is flying just like mine and everyone elses that has 1.4.1 firmware. If you notice just before the crash, the a/c was drifting rather then going in the direction you had it pointed. There is currently a large number of others that have been complaining about the drifting flying habit. It should not be doing that. I have noticed that if you lift your fingers off the stick to allow it to zero out, and then go right back and continue as you were it will fly straight once again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl