Crash Investigation

HWB

Reaction score
A few months ago I had a Phantom 3 Standard fall out of the sky after being in the air for 28 seconds. It was a complete loss. I was finally able to recover the flight logs. I'm attaching the log. Does anyone see anything that might have caused the crash? And I have to ask is it possible for a propeller to come off in flight?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-01-26_[14-50-58].txt
    38.8 KB · Views: 251
In the form you sent it nobody can say anything. You should follow the instructions how to send the file, just find that with the search tool in this forum. The instruction has been explained nearly a thousand times.
It's very unlikely that the propeller come off but theoretically is possible. If not tighten it could unscrew when you at full speed stop suddenly and for the moment the rotation of propeller become faster than the rotation of the motor.

Reactions: JoBe
Does anyone see anything that might have caused the crash?
Here's what that data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
You pushed the drone up to 161 feet and all seemed normal until 0:26.1 when the drone reached 158 feet and suddenly tilted back and rolled heavily, and it was all over.
You kept the left stick pushed forward for another second but the drone was tumbling and rolling as it started coming down.

It's hard to say exactly what caused the incident but it appears that your Phantom lost either a motor or a prop.

You pushed the drone up to 161 feet and all seemed normal until 0:26.1 when the drone reached 158 feet and suddenly tilted back and rolled heavily, and it was all over.
You kept the left stick pushed forward for another second but the drone was tumbling and rolling as it started coming down.

It's hard to say exactly what caused the incident but it appears that your Phantom lost either a motor or a prop.
Thank you for the help. I came to the same conclusion and wanted a good second opinion. I think it would be impossible for a propeller to come off in normal flight even if it wasn't tight so I blame it on a motor or a possibly a broken propeller and move on.

In the form you sent it nobody can say anything. You should follow the instructions how to send the file, just find that with the search tool in this forum. The instruction has been explained nearly a thousand times.
It's very unlikely that the propeller come off but theoretically is possible. If not tighten it could unscrew when you at full speed stop suddenly and for the moment the rotation of propeller become faster than the rotation of the motor.

In all but the most simple cases, I recommend posting to the forum a description of the flight together with both the DJI TXT log and mobile device DAT log. There are several forum members who have experience in interpreting these files by various methods. For those who might be interested, the best tutorials for understanding and replicating the analysis methods are probably the forensic threads on this forum, and any questions for further explanation are always encouraged.

the point he made was that the file is not uploaded here it is uploaded to a page that translates it and the link to that page goes here

@HWB this is the link to upload the flight file not here

A few months ago I had a Phantom 3 Standard fall out of the sky after being in the air for 28 seconds. It was a complete loss. I was finally able to recover the flight logs. I'm attaching the log. Does anyone see anything that might have caused the crash? And I have to ask is it possible for a propeller to come off in flight?
Were the propellers attached to their motors in the wreckage? There were a few reports of the propellers unscrewing themselves when sudden backing off the throttle a few years ago after the P3 had been introduced. Can you recall what you were doing at the time of the incident, and had you done any maintenance or mods to your P3 just prior to the event?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT