Cracked shell more common on Pro/Adv than Standard?

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a new Phantom 3 Standard owner and am already considering upgrading to a Phantom 3 Pro after being disappointed in the live video feed capability of the standard.

It seems the issue of cracked frames near the motor mount screws is quite common with the Pro/Advanced models, but I don't see many complaints with the standard.

Is this problem indeed more common with the Pro? Are there any specific reasons for this if true? I don't want to make a mistake and upgrade to a Pro if it's likely I'll be grounded constantly from cracked frames.
Can you help me understand just how common the cracked frame is and if I am at the same risk with either the standard or pro?

I'm considering picking up a refurb Pro 3 if that makes any difference.
Thanks in advance for the advice :)

Cracked shells usually dont happen until youve flown it a few dozen times, then tiny stress cracks will occasionally appear. I had a customer with over 100 flights on his bird, and I looked at the arms and 2 of the 4 were severely cracked but he was still flying it. I epoxied the inside and outside and put some motor supports on it and off he went. I used so much epoxy on it, I told him he had the first hybrid Phantom, half plastic and half epoxy.

Reactions: Fred72933

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20