Cracked frame

Reaction score
Noticed yesterday while flying and taking pictures of my house and the surrounding area that the pictures were blurring. After landing the PV2 I noticed a crack or fracture of the body near one of the motor mounts. Just another bad day. Only flown the PV2 five times and no crashes. :evil:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 703
I would not fly that bird in it's current condition.

You can fix this yourself very, very easily!

Visit this website and read up on the plastic welding product. They have videos on the site as well. I have used this many times on motorcycle (plastic) parts. Very easy to use, can be sanded and painted.

http://www.rapid-fix.com/

I can fix that for you using the product in the link if you're not comfortable doing so. Let me know.

Any update on your repair plans?

I have an identical crack on my Phantom 2 also.
Same location exactly. It looks just like my bird. I am going to try the Rapid Fix repair stuff.
Thanks Gundo Larry for that info.
BTW, how is your repair job holding up? Did it last so far?

I simply used epoxy resin on the inside. Clearly a weak spot/poor design in the area of the screws.

23ambrose said:
Noticed yesterday while flying and taking pictures of my house and the surrounding area that the pictures were blurring. After landing the PV2 I noticed a crack or fracture of the body near one of the motor mounts. Just another bad day. Only flown the PV2 five times and no crashes. :evil:

I see its split near the screw which (other than a crash) could be the result of over tightening. Using something like a good epoxy, plastic cement or gorilla glue will sort that out provided the area isn't deformed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl