cracked batteries on P4

Reaction score
3 batteries all one yr old. all cracked across front. DJI battery warranty is 6 months. cost 450$ ???!!!!

DJI sucks...

Yeah, some spring under the panel seems to aid in the cracking. A plastics shop might have some Weld-On glue that can wick into it from the outside and serve as a Band-Aid until they totally puke.

I feel you. All my typhoon h batteries puffed before their life expectancies. Dji is no different. A year on lipos is good. I have had all types. From boats rc to cars. They all last about a year before you notice wear and tear. Time for som new batteries bud.

Reactions: Hounddog
SAM_0736.JPG SAM_0736.JPG My P4 battery developed a crack too, less than 30 flights..not happy.

That crack isn't going to hurt anything. Fly them till the cells start to deviate.

Yes, but it's pretty crappy on an expensive drone with batteries that cost over $140 each. Especially when you realize that batteries of that size really aren't that expensive. You don't pay premium price for mediocre quality, just like you don't pay for a Mercedes where the leather on the seat rips within a few months and say, "Oh, that rip won't hurt anything."

This is why i dont push them in the conventional way...i see people slam them in and that spring hits hard... I always hold both latches down and insert battery.(always double check latches are seated)...dont have to worry about cracks or mid air power failures from bottom latch not catching...i have doing it this way since og p4 came out not one problem

Reactions: lmmavrick
I have 5 batteries with no cracks. All used just next to, or over, a year. I'm always gentle when pushing them in etc. Maybe I'm lucky.

The harder you push in the buttons to retract the clips the more load is pushed in the cover from the back end of the spring. Be gentle and only push in the required amount to clear the clips to the battery compartment.

Do you use any detergent cleaners on the plastic which may cause the issue?
My four batteries are over a year old now, no sign of cracking.....Yet

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1