Crack repair? Please help

Reaction score
A few months ago while teaching my lady to fly my P3P we landed it safely on concrete, but instead of shutting it down due to some confusion we tipped it backwards. The prop blades hit the cement for a split second before stopping as I actively shut the P3P down.

I noticed this crack on the left rear prop. It doesn't appear to be all the way "through" the plastic. It feels "sturdy.

I've flown it a few times since the incident, keeping a close eye on the crack and haven't had any problems whatsoever thus far, that I can see at any rate. The crack appears to be hairline, although since I've flown it a few times since the crack is "dirty." I've sharpened the following images, added clarity and de-haze from Lightroom to make it easier to see in the pictures....

Is there a simple "band-aid" fix to this or do I need to replace the entire shell? Preferably I'd like to just reenforce the crack with some type of glue material or such if possible rather then send it out for an entirely new shell.

The p3p doesn't even have 6 hours of total flight time on it yet. #StupidMistakeHopefullyIsntPricey

ca74fbb5a2766af7c6b59e5cad3f4f37.jpg
a9059e8087b1ed6a71b6899e3ee6ec64.jpg

Personally, I would work a bonding formula such as plastaid into the crack and be happy. Life is too short to be swapping out shells every month or two. If you see another crack eventually, get out the plastaid. Maybe some day the shell will need to be replaced, but until then, enjoy your Phantom. MHO

I would go with Mark’s repair plan first and if you still need more support, try these or like products. I had these on my P3P for well over a year and they work IMO.

777704ec57cb656ec5c5de96906128ff.jpg

Reactions: Mysticman319

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl