Couple pics! And now video! Just a train

Reaction score
Still learning! These are actually video captures/stills from video but.. hey..

Attachments

• 20200222_120833.jpg
    20200222_120833.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 458
  • 20200222_120857.jpg
    20200222_120857.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 462
  • 20200222_120906.jpg
    20200222_120906.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 397
But Hey: your on you way, are these from the Mini ?

Phantomrain.org
Coal
Thank you! Just enjoy flying. The train surprised me didnt even know it was coming i literally just hit rec and was about to take off and it was right there a few hundred yards out. Very quiet for such a long train which is kind of a learning moment for me. To Be safe. And no sorry to say its not a mini though i wish it was. Its my Evo. I signed up here when i got my P3P and prefer it over here instead of the autel pilots forum. Sorry to be a poser ?

Just be careful flying near a train. I did not know this, but 51 Drones on YouTube recently posted a video where he was flying over a train yard and was approached by a sheriff’s deputy about it. Now in the video, the sheriff didn’t know the law, but 51 Drones goes on to show that trains are actually protected under DHS (Department of Homeland Security) and it is illegal to film a train. Not saying you will get caught, but just passing on something I recently learned.
Pics are pretty awesome, BTW!

Link to video:Flying drones over railroad

That's not what he says in the video.
What he says is that you should not fly over the train.
True, you cannot tell from the photo whether is is over the tracks, but just a bit of advice. Not trying to be confrontational!

Start at 7:05 in the video. "You cannot, absolutely cannot fly over a train that's sitting still, a train that's moving, a train yard, over inter modals or anything like that because those are governed by Homeland Security. They are considered Critical Infrastructure and if you fly over them, it is going to be a really bad day for you!"

This again is one of those common sense rules , if a sherrif comes up to me and asks me not film the train, im fine with it, If i do film a train most likely im not flying over it and therefore no reason to panic about the fact that i filmed it. I have to agree with the Mods , things our not the bad yet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly yhour Phantoms in and out of the storms
Coal

I really wasnt sure but i figured as long as i was flying directly over it was i was ok. I definitely dont want to get in any trouble. But i am not reckless when i fly. I appreciate all the input though makes me think twice about using the video on YouTube and now makes me worry even more about where im flying.

Yeah, not trying to start anything or infer that you were doing something wrong! True guys, in that photo, it's not over the tracks for sure! And thank God it's not that bad yet! After that yahoo posted that video a couple years ago of flying through that train, and under the train, etc. it sure didn't help out other drone pilots!

In the video, that Sheriff deputy didn't know much about the law (which is sad), and I agree that if I was approached, I would comply immediately!

Sorry if you thought I was scolding you PhoenixOne. Not my intention at all. Just a video I recently came across that I thought would be helpful to others! Nice shots though!!

Reactions: PhoenixOne
I really wasnt sure but i figured as long as i was flying directly over it was i was ok. I definitely dont want to get in any trouble. But i am not reckless when i fly. I appreciate all the input though makes me think twice about using the video on YouTube and now makes me worry even more about where im flying.

There a 1000 videos like this , no one is getting into trouble when common sense is used. Trouble begins when someone from the law tells you No , and you start to babble about your 107 and any other drone law you can come up with...

I fly with the Mavic 2 Zoom and all you ever here is how close I am to this or that , when in fact im 100 ft or better away. It comical how the drone pilots parade on each about being careful but many of them do it.

Its all part of the Forum decor these warning , alarms, it can suck the fun out of posting videos and pictures but dont let that happen to you its the droning way to alert and alarm and tell you be careful.. no harm is meant by it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Pouring Rain !
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: PhoenixOne
Check it out
Make sure its in the higher resolution!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

4k On the large screen looked and sounded GREAT< Capturing sound is something that were really working on this year with Mics on the Drone and special software to take out the drone sound. Little sound goes a long way, Awesome.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in and out of the Storm.
Coal

Thank you very much that was actually a mp3 i downloaded. Worked perfect for the clip! Couldn't of turned out better. I only have watched it in 2.7k glad to hear it looks ok! No editing done! ?

The sad thing is I wouldn't known how to capture the sound except maybe with my phone or a recorder. He didnt really toot the horn much anyway so glad I found the sound clip technology is amazing. Wish I knew more!

The sad thing is I wouldn't known how to capture the sound except maybe with my phone or a recorder. He didnt really toot the horn much anyway so glad I found the sound clip technology is amazing. Wish I knew more!

As you may know we fly extensively in the Storms , and this year we have added a Zoom Recorder to the top of the drone to capture the sound of the Thunder, Wind Ect.

We are using a Program called Adobe Auditon cc 2019 that allows you to choose any sound wave you want to take out of the equation such as the hum of the drone.

The rest of the audio is in tact, its a cool and easy technology software to use ...

Phantomrain.org
Coal

As you may know we fly extensively in the Storms , and this year we have added a Zoom Recorder to the top of the drone to capture the sound of the Thunder, Wind Ect.

We are using a Program called Adobe Auditon cc 2019 that allows you to choose any sound wave you want to take out of the equation such as the hum of the drone.

The rest of the audio is in tact, its a cool and easy technology software to use ...

Phantomrain.org
Coal
That sounds extremely awesome. I would like to check that out! Keep up the hard work!

Sometimes you don't have much of an option, I had to fly over this steam engine to avoid flying over people that had gather around the tracks to view the train.

Almost forgot about this clip from last year

Last edited:
Sometimes you don't have much of an option, I had to fly over this steam engine to avoid flying over people that had gather around the tracks to view the train.

Almost forgot about this clip from last year

Flying over a military train...that's a double whammy. Homeland Security will be kicking down your door and dragging you off to the bighouse

• Haha
Reactions: Recoveryone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic