Couple pics! And now video! Just a train

Flying over a military train...that's a double whammy. Homeland Security will be kicking down your door and dragging you off to the bighouse
The military train was parked, not moving, parked in public space (approximately 500 yards from my neighborhood) I could have walked right up to it and touch it if I wanted.

The military train was parked, not moving, parked in public space (approximately 500 yards from my neighborhood) I could have walked right up to it and touch it if I wanted.

and risk being shot??? stay clear of the military/rail industrial complex. That's what drones are for. Get up, get down and go to ground then out of town.......

Reactions: PhoenixOne
and risk being shot??? stay clear of the military/rail industrial complex. That's what drones are for. Get up, get down and go to ground then out of town.......
Haha been in a few of those situations myself.. but the sad thing os even when your flying legal you still are always looking over your shoulder so to speak for any kind of trouble that might be coming your way. Whether its just a neighbor.. or a talkative pedestrian or a ticked off farmer. Who knows but the same people put their wholes lives on social media for the world to see... lol.. they say hey he flew over my house.. but in reality if you wanted to spy you could just check out the inside of their house... from last years xmas pictures they posted everywhere.. its just funny the whole nm invasion of privacy. Just my outlook everything can be a tool of good or a tool of bad ..depends on the users intent..

Just be careful flying near a train. I did not know this, but 51 Drones on YouTube recently posted a video where he was flying over a train yard and was approached by a sheriff’s deputy about it. Now in the video, the sheriff didn’t know the law, but 51 Drones goes on to show that trains are actually protected under DHS (Department of Homeland Security) and it is illegal to film a train. Not saying you will get caught, but just passing on something I recently learned.
Pics are pretty awesome, BTW!

Link to video:Flying drones over railroad

The guy how runs 51 Drones is a good guy but trains are not on the DHS critical infrastructure list.

It's is 100% legal to fly over trains, and take photos of trains. The only thing you can't do is stand on train right of ways and property while doing it.

Reactions: BigAl07
The guy how runs 51 Drones is a good guy but trains are not on the DHS critical infrastructure list.

It's is 100% legal to fly over trains, and take photos of trains. The only thing you can't do is stand on train right of ways and property while doing it.
Awesome! Good to know. Sp flying over a moving train is ok? I still dont dont know if id do that. At least not over the main engine. I don't see the harm in the cargo but either way in not pushing it. I know the local train schedule now. I may try to setup some better shots the last train surprised me with its arrival. Thanks for the input!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl