Couple of flying buddys

Reaction score
First fine day for quite some time and the family turned up.
DJI_0044 (2).jpg

Just noticed in the photo, the glass of red sitting on the crap tripod mount, hoping I now don't get flogged for drinking/flying whilst in the company of minors (oldest being 7 and the youngest being 3 months).

Like it....and the middle one is Joey?
Yes the middle one is a joey and her name is Lois. The female in front (Molly) also has a joey in her pouch and his name is Rufus. The alpha male at the back is named Kingsley. They've been here for a number of years.

Yes the middle one is a joey and her name is Lois. The female in front (Molly) also has a joey in her pouch and his name is Rufus. The alpha male at the back is named Kingsley. They've been here for a number of years.
Once again thanks for those great pictures.i would like to get some pictures of the 11 whitetail deer in my backyard right now but they really scatter when the drone lifts off.

Once again thanks for those great pictures.i would like to get some pictures of the 11 whitetail deer in my backyard right now but they really scatter when the drone lifts off.
No worries, maybe you could try hanging your drone out the window without flying and snap off a photo. Still constitutes a drone photo without scaring off the wildlife?
Just noticed the 'joey' link in your forum name....

Great photo! As mentioned above, probably the closest we have here in CT would be white tail deer, and they are very cautious. That said, one of my neighbors feeds a family during the tough winter season when food is scarce, and she told me she can pet some of them. I’m guessing my P4 may change that social dynamic though, so I would never ask.

Great photo! As mentioned above, probably the closest we have here in CT would be white tail deer, and they are very cautious. That said, one of my neighbors feeds a family during the tough winter season when food is scarce, and she told me she can pet some of them. I’m guessing my P4 may change that social dynamic though, so I would never ask.
Yeah the noise from my P4 normally scatters the cows and emus across the road, but the kanga family don't mind. Mind you they have witnessed me thrashing around with all my pre DJI stuff and probably figure that I'm all over it with flying something that actually hovers in one place and get up close to me thinking they are safe... I hand feed them during the winter months and if I'm late, they will sit at the garage door waiting for me.

The photo made me laugh as something occurred to me that hadn't ever before. I'm always very conscious about not disturbing wildlife when I fly, but it never occurred to me that wildlife could "disturb" pilots. I realize that's not the case here, but the concept is amusing :)

The photo made me laugh as something occurred to me that hadn't ever before. I'm always very conscious about not disturbing wildlife when I fly, but it never occurred to me that wildlife could "disturb" pilots. I realize that's not the case here, but the concept is amusing :)
Agreed, being Spring over here at the moment, I fly at least 40-50 mtrs over the forest canopy to try and limit my 'sound' footprint and not annoy the hatchlings. As for the kangaroos, they follow me around and will sit with me if I'm burning off scrub out the back of my place, they sit with me when I'm washing the car or follow me up the driveway when I'm taking the bins out. You get the occasional strange looks from visitors who stay at the guest house next door who probably consider you some sort of Pied Piper.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj