Could you check picture quality/focus?

Reaction score
I had a P2V+ v3. I upgraded to P3P. I have the perception that the P2V+ stills are sharper than the P3P. Wondering if my camera is not right. Could you comment on the quality of these pictures, is this what you get in jpg with no SW adj. Do you see them blurry?
DJI_0030.JPG
DJI_0006.JPG

I have not unscrew the lens. Yes, I took the protective sheet out.

Could somebody see my pictures and evaluate if they are with a lower quality than your P3P stills? specially the sharpness....I am using landscape setting, jpg.

They look about right. Remember 'sharpness' is a setting that you can adjust and should depend on what the final size and intended output of the photo is. Both those photos could be sharpened a bit more using any pixel editing program. If you do not want to do any post processing, use a custom setting and increase the sharpness and perhaps the contrast. The pictures will look punchier at the expense of losing some fine details.

The best way to do this is to leave the contrast at -2 and then add contrast as needed in post processing. Or better yet, use the RAW settings. But then you have to know how to process your pictures.

But then you have to know how to process your pictures.
Thank you...yes, the raws can be adjusted with photoshop and/or lightroom. Agree with your comments, however, pls, check out this P2V+ picture ... I did not need to make any adjustment to get sharpness...could it be that the P2+ is 14M pixels? what I want to be sure is that my P3P camera is not defective...P3 videos are great....and 3x better than the P2V+.....can't understand why the stills are poorer.
cleardot.gif

Attachments

• DJI00325.JPG
    DJI00325.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 532
Thank you...yes, the raws can be adjusted with photoshop and/or lightroom. Agree with your comments, however, pls, check out this P2V+ picture ... I did not need to make any adjustment to get sharpness...could it be that the P2+ is 14M pixels? what I want to be sure is that my P3P camera is not defective...P3 videos are great....and 3x better than the P2V+.....can't understand why the stills are poorer.
cleardot.gif
I agree with you. I am also wondering about mine. It seems to have a soft focus issue. My Gopro developed this one time and it had to be sent in for repair.

I agree with you. I am also wondering about mine.
I made this empirical non scientific test. It might help you decide to fix your camera. I sent my P3P to DJI after I saw this. See the battery detail to the left and to the right of the frame. Sames issue shows in long shots.

Attachments

• DJI_0184.JPG
    DJI_0184.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 520
I also posted while back my P3A images are not as crisp as the P2V+
No matter if its RAW or JPEG my P3A images are blurred, even at shutter speeds of 1/1000 or faster. Today I saw a YouTube video of a guy replacing the lens unit in his P3P. Interesting was the "new lens unit" screws" into the sensor fitting and requires to be correctly focussed before one can use it. The focus position is then fixed because the P3 cameras cannot focus automatically, similar to using a fixed focus point on a fish eye lens.

All said in my mind it is clear that the camera on my P3A has not been adjusted correctly for focus. Mine is therefore going back for repair under guarantee.

Studying your images they less blurred than what I see. They are definitely soft and blurred, my advice is get it back to DJI.

I read on the forum that there has been a batch of the early production units that did had a problem......

my advice is get it back to DJI.
I got my RMA. Wondering if the new camera will be as good as my P2V+ for pictures. Videos are definitively better in my P3P even with the focus issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers