Corrupting SD cards

Reaction score
This will make my second SD card replacement after two weeks. What I'm finding is that when I try to pull flight vids off both my phone and the drone itself, the video is unwatchable. Last time I this happened, I changed the SD card and all was fine. What I THINK I may be doing is shutting down the controller before the copter. Thoughts/Help??

Additional info: Have formatted card on bird and W10 already.

Last edited:
This will make my second SD card replacement after two weeks. What I'm finding is that when I try to pull flight vids off both my phone and the drone itself, the video is unwatchable. Last time I this happened, I changed the SD card and all was fine. What I THINK I may be doing is shutting down the controller before the copter. Thoughts/Help??
Whether you power down the drone or the controller first shouldn't have any effect on what has already been recorded to the card
But if you turn off the controller and leave the Phantom powered on for a while, you may have a surprise when the Phantom launches itself to attempt an RTH.

Reactions: Pharm
Whether you power down the drone or the controller first shouldn't have any effect on what has already been recorded to the card
But if you turn off the controller and leave the Phantom powered on for a while, you may have a surprise when the Phantom launches itself to attempt an RTH.
Powered on?
Motors on or off or ether?

Rod

lol that happened to me and it was indeed a surprise!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl