controller

Reaction score
hello, all I have a controller question. I have a p4p and I want to upgrade to a controller with a built screen. any thoughts on a controller that can work?

hello, all I have a controller question. I have a p4p and I want to upgrade to a controller with a built screen. any thoughts on a controller that can work?
I think you have only one choice. If you have a P4P, it’s the GL300E.

Note that if you have a P4P V2, it’s a GL300K.

Be sure you understand the limitations with third party apps if they matter to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Thank you for your help. I do have an original controller GL300E but it will not connect to my Samsung galaxy 22s ultra I also can not load the firmware to my p4p not sure of the next steps do you have any ideas?

Thank you for your help. I do have an original controller GL300E but it will not connect to my Samsung galaxy 22s ultra I also can not load the firmware to my p4p not sure of the next steps do you have any ideas?
Its best to stay with your other thread on that topic rather than have two threads on the same issue.

300E has the built-in screen, used with P4P+. The P4P has the 300F for phones and tablets..same drone. I use both. Have spares available

I’m confused. You can’t connect the phone to the remote (with screen) 300E? Also, the latest P4P firmware is old, 2018 I think. Update or refresh?

Last edited:
300E has the built-in screen, used with P4P+. The P4P has the 300F for phones and tablets..same drone. I use both. Have spares available

I’m confused. You can’t connect the phone to the remote (with screen) 300E? Also, the latest P4P firmware is old, 2018 I think. Update or refresh?

You are better off sticking with a GL300F and your smartphone. I have the GL300K and the DJI GO 4 app on it hasn’t received any updates for several years, so a bunch of the newer features are missing. I suspect the GL300E is the same. From what I have gleaned from other parts of the forum is that our controllers have 32 bit processors and the latest updates are being written for the 64 bit processors in newer smartphones.

Thankfully my Samsung A53 works well with Go4 and FLY. Faster setup than my preferred iPad mini 5 with larger screen.

I think you have only one choice. If you have a P4P, it’s the GL300E.

Note that if you have a P4P V2, it’s a GL300K.

Be sure you understand the limitations with third party apps if they matter to you.
Oso, thank you for bringing up 3rd party apps with the GL300k RC.
Can you shed some light on the best way to put an app, like SkyBrowser, on to the RC?

Skybrowser now has a "Freemium" version that can do a lot of cool mapping stuff and I want to put it on to my RC for the P4P v2.0

Thank you in advance

I have two GL 300E Controllers for the Phantom 4 Pro, one White one and one Obsidian one.
Both are in excellent condition with no problems or concerns, no damages and both still even have the rubber plugs that cover the Charge Port. I will sell either or both.
$350 for the Obsidian one and $300 for the White one, both Plus Shipping (from Texas).

CIMG8221.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic