CONTROLLER WONT CHARGE

Reaction score
my controller for my phantom 3 adv only lights up 2 lights then stops charging any ideas on how to get it back to the 4 lights please thanks in advance

How long are you leaving it on charge? If the battery is 50% charged then it will start with just a couple of lights lighting up. As it gets more charged, more lights will flash until fully charged all four will be lit and then it will turn itself off.

it charges for about 2 mins then cuts out when I switch the controller on its starts beeping with just two lights left it on charge for about 6 hours but like I said it stops charging after about 2mins doing my head in as the drone batteries charge up perfect

Have you got a volt meter? What voltage do you get at the charging plug for the RC - should be about 17.4v, same as the drone battery charging terminals.

If that's all right then it looking like the RC battery has a problem.

Last edited:
I've opened up the controller and done a hard reset and all is working well now watched a step by step vid on YouTube thank for your input bud [emoji4][emoji817]

Here's the manual way to reset the RC. Once you do this you will probably have to re link the RC to the drone.

1. Turn on the remote controller (leave the aircraft off)
2. Press and hold C1, C2, and the shutter button,
3. Turn the remote controller off. (bit of finger dexterity)
4. Turn on the remote controller and only then release the buttons. Turn on the aircraft.

How to re-link AC/RC manually:-
1. Turn on the Aircraft and press the Link Button. (I used a biro tip) The light next to the Button will blink red when the aircraft is ready to link.
2. On the RC Press and hold C1, C2, and the record button, the controller will beep D (morse code, dash dot dot, long-short-short beep)
3. Let go all buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller should become blue (mine didn't) and RC will constantly beep D D D D.
4. The remote controller will stop beeping and the Link Button on the aircraft will turn solid green if linking is successful.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic