How long are you leaving it on charge? If the battery is 50% charged then it will start with just a couple of lights lighting up. As it gets more charged, more lights will flash until fully charged all four will be lit and then it will turn itself off.
it charges for about 2 mins then cuts out when I switch the controller on its starts beeping with just two lights left it on charge for about 6 hours but like I said it stops charging after about 2mins doing my head in as the drone batteries charge up perfect
Here's the manual way to reset the RC. Once you do this you will probably have to re link the RC to the drone.
1. Turn on the remote controller (leave the aircraft off)
2. Press and hold C1, C2, and the shutter button,
3. Turn the remote controller off. (bit of finger dexterity)
4. Turn on the remote controller and only then release the buttons. Turn on the aircraft.
How to re-link AC/RC manually:-
1. Turn on the Aircraft and press the Link Button. (I used a biro tip) The light next to the Button will blink red when the aircraft is ready to link.
2. On the RC Press and hold C1, C2, and the record button, the controller will beep D (morse code, dash dot dot, long-short-short beep)
3. Let go all buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller should become blue (mine didn't) and RC will constantly beep D D D D.
4. The remote controller will stop beeping and the Link Button on the aircraft will turn solid green if linking is successful.