Controller will not power up

Reaction score
Hi,

I have purchased a phantom 3 advanced quad. The controller will not power up normally. When i try to power it up it emits a constant high pitch tone. I can press c1+shutter+camera control and the led lights start flashing and then I can power it up before the lights stop, but it will not connect to the dji go app. It will partially connect to dji pilot app but I can't Do anything else with it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eddie Ballard

Ok after trying even more combinations with power on, I have discovered that I can press c1+shutter and then do a normal power up procedure while holding them, it will power up. But, I still cannot connect to the apps or aircraft, and the status led is blueish green. From what I can tell by reading the manual, the status led should be red, if not connected to the aircraft...

Please help!!
Thanks
Eddie

I will assume you've charged the RC and it's not just due to low battery. What you could do by yourself is disassemble and re-assemble the RC. There is a small chance that the issue is caused by a loose connection, or that disconnecting the battery for some time will fix it.

Do you know what holding the buttons during power up does? If you enter recovery mode, you may try to re-flash the RC FW using your mobile app. (If you don't understand what I'm taking about, just ignore that part.)

You did not provided us with the exact model of your RC, which suggests you won't have skill for deeper diagnosis. Unless you're proficient with electronics and programmable devices, you'll need a new controller. Fortunately the used ones are quite cheap considering the tech inside. Give the RC to a repair shop, or buy another one.

Reactions: RodPad
Had this exact thing happen to me last night while I was in the middle of trying to update controller firmware... After resetting and letting the update complete, it functioned normally again.

I have the gl300c. I have taken it apart several times and checked all connections. Disconnected the battery several times. Have tested the battery with a voltmeter and it is showing 7.5-7.8 volts on both cells. I've tried all button combinations that I can. The only combination that I get any result from is c1+shutter and c1+ shutter+record. The only result I get from that is the controller will power up while I am holding either of those combinations. The app will only respond to the controller while I am in the downgrade firmware mode. (See pic)
1563926499306.jpeg

Had this exact thing happen to me last night while I was in the middle of trying to update controller firmware... After resetting and letting the update complete, it functioned normally again.
How did you reset your controller?

That’s what I do. But I can’t get it to continue with updating. I purchased it this way, which was probably not smart. The AC seems to be ok. I just can’t get anymore reaction from the controller.

Yep, this is your issue. Now you should get deeper this way. Why you can't do that?
Since the controller is accessible in recovery mode, there's a good chance that re-flashing it would make it work.

Depends on price.

Ok how do I reflash it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.