Controller/Vision stickers

Will you be making these for the Phantom Vision and the original Phantom, or just the PV?

DaveTown said:
Will you be making these for the Phantom Vision and the original Phantom, or just the PV?

I'm not closely familiar with any differences in the Phantom vs Vision; I would assume the controllers are the same, as well as the aircraft body? In that case, YES! Otherwise I'd have to work with someone to specify the sticker sizes etc since I only have a Vision.

Anyone know how they compare? (S1 and S2 switch function).

Thanks

Im in for a set. I like the red just as they are. Let us know when you get them up on the website. I'll be happy to pay for a dialed in product such as these. I may hit you up for other stuff to in the future. I saw that you said you make stickers for a local fire dept...I am a firefighter and have been toying with the idea of painting (or getting a graphic sticker made) for the PV fire dept theme. To keep good visibility I was thinking of adding the reflective chevrons to it if i could find someone who could do it (maybe you). I also have some other ideas but need to work on em before I ask too much of ya.

thanks for offering your services.

James

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 12.44.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 12.44.13 PM.png
    272.3 KB · Views: 550
urgno said:
Sledge said:
Guys, this reminds me that I need to learn more about the other modes of flight control: ATTITUDE, home lock, course lock, home, etc. Where is a good place to learn more about these modes, I am having trouble finding info...and when would you most likely use them???

Well seem you like to study like me ;)

GPS, Atti, Manual: are modes of control
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Control_Mode

Home Lock and Course Lock: are modes of IOC
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... on_Control

hope it helps

PS. I want these stickers too :mrgreen:

Thanks for those links from you and CoSky were very helpful for to better understand the IOC and Flight Modes.

So correct me if I am wrong - out of the box, these S1 andS2 switches don't do anything (other than for compass calib) - How do you turn these on? Do you have to connect your PV to the computer and run Assistant software? and once you are in there what do you do to turn these on?

- then I assume the IOC and Flight Modes can be turned on/off independently from each other?

Sledge said:
urgno said:
Sledge said:
Guys, this reminds me that I need to learn more about the other modes of flight control: ATTITUDE, home lock, course lock, home, etc. Where is a good place to learn more about these modes, I am having trouble finding info...and when would you most likely use them???

Well seem you like to study like me ;)

GPS, Atti, Manual: are modes of control
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Control_Mode

Home Lock and Course Lock: are modes of IOC
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... on_Control

hope it helps

PS. I want these stickers too :mrgreen:

Thanks for those links from you and CoSky were very helpful for to better understand the IOC and Flight Modes.

So correct me if I am wrong - out of the box, these S1 andS2 switches don't do anything (other than for compass calib) - How do you turn these on? Do you have to connect your PV to the computer and run Assistant software? and once you are in there what do you do to turn these on?

- then I assume the IOC and Flight Modes can be turned on/off independently from each other?

All those options are turned on via the software and yes you are correct IOC can be turned on or off.

you could add stickers for the back of the controller to explain how to calibrate gps and how to reset the home point. just a thought...

I am ready to order when they are ready....I can PayPal. Drop me an email when u r ready to sell. [email protected]

* nice touch with the radiused corners!

Working on the weekend: Almost ready! Sitting on the printer and headed for the plotter to cut them individually- with a couple of surprises you'll appreciate. Looks like we can sell them through the sign shop, and that should be set up shortly. Excited to roll out this add-on for the detail oriented flyer! Full description and details to come yet today...

Attachments

• IMG_6611[1].JPG
    IMG_6611[1].JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 687
Been following this thread...I like the stickers! I'd be up for a set for the switches and the NAZA LED codes for the back. I labeled my batteries with a china pen ("Magic Marker") and that's good enough for me on those. Thankfully, after +25 years of flying R/C planes, I don't need labels that identify yaw, pitch and roll! That I can remember w/o reference to a sticker! :lol:

PF

Those look super....and will be a great dress up accent for my P2V...as well as a good aid for those times when I have a bit of Brain Freeze..!

I hope you will price these to give yourself a bit of...but not an excessive....profit. >Grins< I know how much time and effort goes into something like this. You've really produced something that many of us will find useful...and decorative as well... Congrats...

Prototype testing continues- this looks like a good final set- everything fits nicely. Had to modify the radius of the stickers around the controls- but it's good now. PhantomFan, don't have the NAZA LED sticker ready yet- it's a lot of info to condense onto the back of the battery cover. That's coming (I just made the switch myself to enabling NAZA), but it will take some planning and testing. I really like doing this type of work, specialized projects... It just never pays, so hopefully we can make up enough of these sets to pay for the time etc, and provide a helpful/cool addition to your PV.

Right now, my wife has directed me home to put the Christmas tree up and spend some time around the house... I'll try and get this online for sale tonight before bed. We're thinking $24 for the set including personalization, and sent via first class mail in the US (not sure about international rates yet). Feedback on cost? I know some may just want parts of the set, and that may be possible, let me know what parts and we can set them up as separate items? How would you like the sticker sets broken down into smaller items?

Thanks all, working hard to get it done (after the tree and egg nog)

Attachments

• IMG_6614[1].JPG
    IMG_6614[1].JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_6615[1].JPG
    IMG_6615[1].JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_6616[1].JPG
    IMG_6616[1].JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 662
coloradosky said:
Prototype testing continues- this looks like a good final set- everything fits nicely. Had to modify the radius of the stickers around the controls- but it's good now. PhantomFan, don't have the NAZA LED sticker ready yet- it's a lot of info to condense onto the back of the battery cover. That's coming (I just made the switch myself to enabling NAZA), but it will take some planning and testing. I really like doing this type of work, specialized projects... It just never pays, so hopefully we can make up enough of these sets to pay for the time etc, and provide a helpful/cool addition to your PV.

Right now, my wife has directed me home to put the Christmas tree up and spend some time around the house... I'll try and get this online for sale tonight before bed. We're thinking $24 for the set including personalization, and sent via first class mail in the US (not sure about international rates yet). Feedback on cost? I know some may just want parts of the set, and that may be possible, let me know what parts and we can set them up as separate items? How would you like the sticker sets broken down into smaller items?

Thanks all, working hard to get it done (after the tree and egg nog)

What a great job, dude... Really. $24.00 is absolutely fine with me.

Thanks a bunch !!!

-slinger

Looks Great! Very Professional looking.
DJI should get them from you and offer them as an accessory!
There is a lot of DJI stuff on Amazon. Bet you could peddle them there yourself!
$24 is great with me!

I will also take a set for $24.00. Just let me know and I can PayPal.

I think we nailed it- and the NAZA-M LED legend will be complete in the next day or two...

http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php

PLEASE send your feedback on this idea to me here via PM, or email from the site. Thanks for the input so far. This went from an idea for my own P2V, to sharing the love overnight, thanks to your friendly encouragement... Any other customization ideas? Let me know, and you can have the prototype free!

Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj