Controller USB board compatibility?

Reaction score
I've got a phantom 3p controller that needs the USB board.

As I look around the internet, I see versions that say they'll work, but they all look different.

The cotroller is the 300A model.

Can I buy any of these boards? Or do I need to hunt down a specific version?

Thanks!

I've got a phantom 3p controller that needs the USB board.

As I look around the internet, I see versions that say they'll work, but they all look different.

The cotroller is the 300A model.

Can I buy any of these boards? Or do I need to hunt down a specific version?

Thanks!
My take for your 300A RC is that you'd need to get a 300A board. The 300A includes a video transcoder whereas the 300B and 300C boards do not.
You could also get the HDMI adaptor for your 300A, or perhaps even try to fix your current 300A board.
Of course, you could also get a used 300A, 300B or 300C if the price were right. Perhaps one of the latter two if you're more concerned about the RC battery age than about transmit power.

One of the most common faults on the USB port is dry joints where the socket is soldered onto the PCB. Just pop the PCB off and have a look at the joints. Very easy to re solder them if found to be open circuit.

Screenshot-2020-11-05-at-19-21-25.jpg

My take for your 300A RC is that you'd need to get a 300A board. The 300A includes a video transcoder whereas the 300B and 300C boards do not.
You could also get the HDMI adaptor for your 300A, or perhaps even try to fix your current 300A board.
Of course, you could also get a used 300A, 300B or 300C if the price were right. Perhaps one of the latter two if you're more concerned about the RC battery age than about transmit power.
The GL300A USB board can loose the memory in the nand chip. It’s fairly simple to reflash it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic